Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • badcoupe
    • Jan 2011

air fuel ratio sensor testing-mazda

I've got a 04 rx-8 6spd that runs rather bad has a new engine in it. The short terms fluctuate wildly with the rpm and af sens readings. Verus doesn't offer much help in testing these.
  • eightdancinghammers
    • May 2012

rx8

did you try doing eccentric shaft sensor ( the same thing as a crank sensor) relearn after engine swap. this makes a huge difference. a brand new or good used engine can run like a misfire or unstable RPM until this is done. i was a mazda tech for 5 years and have seen first hand the difference when this isn't done. your snap-on scanner should do it. i've done it with a solus and a verus since leaving mazda.

Comment

• badcoupe
      • Jan 2011

I did the 20 pedal brake reset the oil press gauge popped up to verify the procedure. It came in not running, no comp on the rear rotor due to a busted oil cooler line, owner replaced lines himself but it was too late. Thats how I got it, he supplied a reman engine but I haven't been able to get it to run correct since. It doesn't want to idle, I've smoked the intake for vac leaks, replaced coils etc.

Comment

Working...