Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bob's Garage
    • Nov 2007

Attachment issues

I have 2 issues with the attachments in SureTrack.

1) Why is it limited to 5 attachments?

2) Why can't the attachments display as part of the the post?

As far as Snap-on goes one only needs to look to the Snap-on product forums to see how well it can be done. You can literally see the attachments as part of the post in the thread. A picture paints a thousand words:

20140622-1230-1.jpg

iATN forums have a "hover" feature that allows you to look at a pic or screenshot without opening them:

20140622-1305-1.jpg

Unfortunately, you have to click open attachments in Suretrack:

20140622-1234-1.jpg

One benefit of the above system is that you can save them if needed easier than the other 2 examples, which I dont use often.

This, coupled with the 5 attachment limit the SureTrack forum is a decade behind, as new as it is. Sorry.

• Nick_Taylor
    Administrator
    • Jan 2014

The SureTrack forum is actually older than you'd think since it was the Ask-a-Tech forum before that. It goes back to 2008 or so.

All this feedback helps me advocate for changes going forward. Keep it coming, good or bad.
    SureTrack Community Administrator, Diagnostics forum Administrator.

Comment

• Bob's Garage
      • Nov 2007

One last thought...

Hi Nick,

I'm glad you welcome feedback good or bad. I like the fact that Snap-on has the guts to let users complain, in order to improve the product. The posting process has bugged me or a while. I held back on what I've had to say for a while now.

Posting was so bad with Ask-A-Tech, that it was always a last resort to look there for help. SureTrack is an improvement over its predecessor, thankfully. Unfortunately, it still has some of the old school ways of doing stuff.

Is it possible to actually put the screenshots in like we do here in the S.O. Product Forums? It just makes it so much easier to understand what one is explaining when the words are above the picture. It would be a substantial improvement.

Thanks, Bob

Comment

• Nick_Taylor
        Administrator
        • Jan 2014

Bob,

Are you asking if you can post screenshots here in this forum? If so, of course you can. Visuals are always a help.

If in SureTrack, I guess I'd need to know more about what you are trying to do.

I've only been supporting SureTrack for a relatively short time but I've spent the past 7 years as the admin of the tip system in OnDemand and ShopKey and I've always relied on the users to provide feedback on the system. You are the guys using it daily and know the issues first hand. That's why I started this users group here.

Nick.

Comment

• Bob's Garage
          • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Nick_Taylor
          Bob,

Are you asking if you can post screenshots here in this forum? If so, of course you can. Visuals are always a help.

If in SureTrack, I guess I'd need to know more about what you are trying to do.

Nick.

I should have asked "Is it possible to actually put the screenshots in SureTrack like we do here in the S.O. Product Forums?"

I mean can we post a screenshot and have it display in the post without actually having to open it as seen in the opening post of this thread?

Thanks, Bob

Comment

• Nick_Taylor
            Administrator
            • Jan 2014

Currently we don't show the images inline like you show here in the forum. We do it in our repair programs so it's certainly possible.

I'll add it to my list.

Comment

Working...