Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Matt
    • Dec 2008

2009 Ford Escape

Can I use the PTP3 to program new keys for an 09 escape? Came in on hook, B1602- PATS received invalid format of key code from ignition key transponder. Diagnostic flow chart states to have 2 new key blanks cut and program with appropriate software. Any suggestions on how I should proceed would be great. Thank you.
  • Witsend
    Banned
    • Nov 2012

If my old $999 Earl Chive Port Freight 08 can program older Ford immobilizer keys without buying a subscription , then I think a Verus with software from 2015 or newer should offer immobilizer key programming for Ford. What if you drop 50 bucks for a 2 day sub and now the C@ck S@ckers require you to enter a LSID and your out $50 , just because you were itching to try out your new PTP3 ?

Comment

• bestdamgarage
      • Apr 2016

You need LSID.you should also check around those years there wwas a tsb to reprogeam the cluster to make th fob part of the key work.

Comment

• ToltecasChavez
        • Apr 2011

It's not that hard to erase keys and add new ones. For that any snap-on tool can do it. You don't need IDS or any Programming to just add keys. If you were replacing a module, then you would DEF need IDS or any whatever the new system is called. Just use the Erase all keys option and follow instructions. You will need 2 keys. Good luck

Comment

• Matt
          • Dec 2008

Customer only has one key. I will order a new key from the dealership and follow on-screen prompts on my verus edge. I will post back with results. Thank you everyone.

Comment

• ToltecasChavez
            • Apr 2011

Good luck! And it shouldn't be any problem unless the car has an anti-theft issue. If all it needs is to reprogram the anti-theft system, which requires 2 keys, then ur snap-on tool should be enough.

Comment

• Matt
              • Dec 2008

I have two keys now but I am not seeing any menu options in my SO scan tool for relearning the keys. I navigated the menus in both the PATS and instrument cluster modules without finding any relearn options. Is this key relearn procedure in another module menu maybe? Sorry for all the hand-holding. This security stuff drives me nuts. Thank you.

Comment

• ToltecasChavez
                • Apr 2011

After Checking the options on all my tools. You are correct. I guess only older models it has the antitheft reset options. Newer models require a subscription from Ford.

Comment

• Witsend
                  Banned
                  • Nov 2012

After Checking the options on all my tools. You are correct. I guess only older models it has the antitheft reset options. Newer models require a subscription from Ford.
                  01-23-2018 02:30 PM
                  Does someone have a Chinaman tool you can borrow that might still have the option? The name of the game is not to have to be over the barrel all the time to be reliant on purchasing an OE subscription and a J box to do these everyday tasks
                  I check the function viewer on my Chinaman tablet and it shows PATS functions but doesn't definitively say program immobilizer keys.

Comment

• Matt
                    • Dec 2008

Back to my initial question, will my passthru pro III give me the access I need to reprogram the new key and original key that I have? Thank you?

Comment

• Witsend
                      Banned
                      • Nov 2012

Back to my initial question, will my passthru pro III give me the access I need to reprogram the new key and original key that I have? Thank you?
                      Think now, Ford subscription only allows PATS key programming if you posses a valid LSID to enter in a field now unless that is only required if it has coded PATS and not Timed PATS that requires a 10minute security access. My guess is that your PTPIII will be able to reflash the PCM to the latest available calibration level that will probably do a security update to it so that Poor Smucks with Chinaman Scanners will no longer be able to program a PATS key or a door remote for it any longer and you'll have to pay a guy looking to pay off the cost of his LSID or bring it to a dealer, Lol.
                      Last edited by Witsend; 01-25-2018, 10:57 AM.

Comment

• Tech10
                        • Mar 2008

Originally posted by Matt
                        Matt, I think you should be able to do it with your PTP3 you'll just need a sub, be sure call drewtech support to confirm. I believe FMP allowed it but not sure as far with the new Ford J2534 app. What other scanners do you have?

Comment

• ToltecasChavez
                          • Apr 2011

From what a member here wrote, only cars after 2016 require you to have a LSID. Older models don't require this. I can confirm this because I did an older model with FJDS and it didn't require or ask about a LSID. If you check here on the forums, you will find that post and a picture when the person tried to program a key to a 2016 Ford. It did require a LSID.

Comment

• Matt
                            • Dec 2008

Tech10 my only scan tool is a Verus Edge. I will post my results after attempting to use my PTP3 and Fords new software website. Thank you everyone for the help.

Comment

• Witsend
                              Banned
                              • Nov 2012

Tech10 my only scan tool is a Verus Edge. I will post my results after attempting to use my PTP3 and Fords new software website. Thank you everyone for the help.
                              So Matt, do you still have this car sitting on the back burner , or did the customer discover his misplaced key and say don't worry about it or what?

Comment

Working...