Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TurboJim
    • Jan 2007

Originally posted by robp823
    Take control of the Fuel Pressure Regulator and ramp fuel pressure up??
    I have a couple 07 G3500's at the shop, I will verify tomorrow, but I am 99% sure you can do everything with respect to bidirectional controls.
    Jim Testa
    Senior Technician
    JD Automotive & Truck Inc
    Dover, NJ

Comment

• greezmunky01
      • Oct 2011

relearn?

I had a buddy from a transmission shop call me and ask me if i could relearn a allison transmission he had overhauled. sadly i said no. does anyone know if the solus ultra can do this procedure?

Comment

• Bob's Garage
        • Nov 2007

Originally posted by CrazyFreak
        The souls ultra does not come with OBD 1 connectors. I see that you have a old solus according to your info. And would assume you have old OBD 1 connector with the solus. You can use those connectors with the solus ultra. The reason why it might be cheaper than other scantool is that the ultra is just a scanner without the scope and multimeter, so you'll probably need a vantage pro too.

I been using my ultra for a week now and I love it. It even locked up once out of many times I used it but no problem, I just reboot it since it only takes seconds to boot up.
        The Ultra uses a different OBD1 cables than the Solus Pro, so, you would also need the new cable, but you can still screw your OBD 1 adapters on that Ultra cable, so that shouldn't be too much of an issue, though I don't know what the cable costs.

Comment

• Randy H.
          • Sep 2011

Originally posted by daytona dave
          What planet have you arrived from, if you think for one nanosecond that snap kicks the ar*e of launch you need your bumps feeling, even some snap on tech guys keep a launch squirrelled away because they know the launch is at least 50% more capable than there own tools, i think you must have done your research on planet zog.
          I could say the same thing to you. And if you ask me the insults are a bit out of line. You can say the same thing without the insults - so you could learn a few things from your home planet Tungwartz like being polite.
          I assume you are defending launch because you paid an ungodly amount of money for it. The only reason to have a Launch is for Asian vehicles only.

I tried launch - and the thing feels like a toy - not a tool. It is a piece of **** on domestic. But is very good on asian vehicles.

Snap on makes the best overall coverage for any scantool that is not dealer level, at the best price and is user friendly.

I tried many scanners Bob - Genisys, Launch, Snap on, Carman, and EASE, and AE

AE and EASE are very good scanners and have excellent customer service - but are lacking a bit for OE asian coverage Throttle body relearns and the like are not user friendly as in the snap on

Genisys does not work for half the vehicles it is supposed to - its a POJ
          Pegisys is the same thing - POJ feels like a game system

Launch is good on Asian vehicles but has shoddy domestic coverage

Carman is an excellent scanner for all makes (almost OE level) but is quite pricey and not so easy to use as the Solus

Bottom line - Solus has a FAST update rate, boots fast, has excellent coverage, FEELS like a tool not a toy, and is user friendly. Its updates are also affordable. You dont have to enter in hex values for TB relearns and the like. I am familiar with the Solus and it works well and enables me to fix vehicles fast - I cant ask anymore than that. I will be buying the Ultra.
          NOT the launch - snap ons Asian coverage is good enough to repair Asian vehicles and honestly I dont need ALL the OE functions of Asain vehicles.

Snap on is the only way to go
          I dont care what anyone says
          Carman is a helluva scanner as well - buts its just not for me however
          And AE and EASE are nothing to sneeze at either.

Comment

• Bob's Garage
            • Nov 2007

Launch vs Solus

Hi Randy,

I read your reply to Daytona Dave

Originally posted by Randy H.
            "Daytona" "I could say the same thing to you. And if you ask me the insults are a bit out of line. You can say the same thing without the insults - so you could learn a few things from your home planet Tungwartz like being polite."

I gotta agree. Where did Daytona come off with that insult? I agree he could have expressed his opinion without the insults.

"I tried launch - and the thing feels like a toy - not a tool. It is a piece of **** on domestic. But is very good on asian vehicles."

Yeah, the screen is small in proportion to the size of the tool and the boot up time when you switch vehicles is horrendous, also. Not to mention it can only graph 2 PIDs at a time.

Snap on makes the best overall coverage for any scantool that is not dealer level, at the best price and is user friendly.

Certainly the pricing on the Solus Ultra is competitive. Coverage could be a hell of a lot better IMO. Launch isn't far off, coverage is great, but they really are hurting badly for a display device. I find the "X 431Tool" awkward and I hate to bring it out, but... It does get me out of the woods time and time again. Launch is supposed to be coming out with a tablet type of display device in a month.

I tried many scanners Bob - Genisys, Launch, Snap on, Carman, and EASE, and AE

AE and EASE are very good scanners and have excellent customer service - but are lacking a bit for OE asian coverage Throttle body relearns and the like are not user friendly as in the snap on

Thanks for the input on these other scanners I asked for.

"Genisys does not work for half the vehicles it is supposed to - its a POJ

Launch is good on Asian vehicles but has shoddy domestic coverage."

I have one, never use it on domestics.

Carman is an excellent scanner for all makes (almost OE level) but is quite pricey and not so easy to use as the Solus

"Bottom line - Solus has a FAST update rate, boots fast, has excellent coverage, FEELS like a tool not a toy, and is user friendly. Its updates are also affordable. You dont have to enter in hex values for TB relearns and the like. I am familiar with the Solus and it works well and enables me to fix vehicles fast - I cant ask anymore than that. I will be buying the Ultra.
            NOT the launch - snap ons Asian coverage is good enough to repair Asian vehicles and honestly I dont need ALL the OE functions of Asain vehicles."

You can't go wrong with the Ultra. But, it can't do everything, so you will need other tools. Carman, Launch, AE may fill the gaps.

"Snap on is the only way to go
            Carman is a helluva scanner as well - buts its just not for me however
            And AE and EASE are nothing to sneeze at either."

Thanks for the input. I may be buying Carman or Vedis 2 to fill in the gaps. I really don't like having to own other tools, but Snap-on can't do it all, yet...

Thanks, Bob
            Last edited by Bob's Garage; 10-16-2011, 08:20 PM.

Comment

• Bob's Garage
              • Nov 2007

Whoa! Why the bad energy?

Hey Dave,

Why all the bad energy? All Randy said was that he like Snap-on products. Yeah, he isn't a big Launch fan, but why take offense? If it works for you, thats all that matters.

I have a Launch and I see it as a necessary evil. It certainly does do things that Snap-on can't do, but it is not a good display device at all. That's just my opinion.

Snap-on can graph 4 PIDs on the Ultra, Launch's max is 2. Anyhow, I need my Launch, not every day though. It does do a lot with Asian vehicles more PIDs and more tests in some cases. It's all about what you work on. I know that "over there" you guys get some brands we NEVER see here.

Vauxhaul, Peugeot, Renault, etc. Maybe Launch is better on them?

Anyhow, there is no point in you getting an Ultra, since you don't use you Solus Pro much because the coverage will be the same, just the difference in touchscreen and speed won't make it worth it.

I don't know if you have noticed, but Launch is boosting the prices lately, I wanted to upgrade my Master to the Tool (?) (I think it is) to get the color screen and better hardware, but the extra $2000 wasn't worth it to me. And the screen is no larger. No, I just don't use my Launch that much. I'll put that money towards a Vedis or Carman.

Thanks, Bob
              Last edited by Bob's Garage; 10-18-2011, 09:03 PM.

Comment

• daytona dave
                • Jun 2011

NO bad energy Bob but Randy did start his thread by sticking it to all other scanners, and giving false information to folk is not the way to bull up another machine, i listen to all constructive advise and if someone doesn't agree there is no need to twist it into bad energy, the reason for being interested in the ultra is because snap on have finally caught up with everyone else, no keys? which is one of the reasons for the lack of use of the solus over the launch, have a nice day.
                everybodys mad except me

Comment

• kevinpham
                  • May 2017

I could say the same thing to you. And if you ask me the insults are a bit out of line. You can say the same thing without the insults - so you could learn a few things from your home planet Tungwartz like being polite.
                  I assume you are defending launch because you paid an ungodly amount of money for coolshirtsmean.com. The only reason to have a Launch is for Asian vehicles only.

I tried launch - and the thing feels like a toy - not a tool. It is a piece of **** on domestic. But is very good on asian vehicles.

I tried many scanners Bob - Genisys, Launch, peachfront.com, Carman, and EASE, and AE

Genisys does not work for half the vehicles it is supposed to - its a POJ

Launch is good on namingshirts.com but has shoddy domestic coverage

Bottom line - sevencopy.com has a FAST update rate, boots fast, has excellent coverage, FEELS like a tool not a toy, and is user friendly. Its updates are also affordable. You dont have to enter in hex values for TB relearns and the like. I am familiar with the quần áo đi chùa and it works well and enables me to fix vehicles fast - I cant ask anymore than that. I will be buying the Ultra.
                  NOT the launch - snap ons Asian coverage is good enough to repair đồ lam vehicles and honestly I dont need ALL the OE functions of Asain vehicles.

Snap on is the only way to go
                  Carman is a helluva scanner as well - buts its just not for sutta however
                  And AE and EASE are nothing to sneeze at either.
                  Thanks for your input. Could you suggest how to buy a good Snap on with good price? Thanks
                  Last edited by kevinpham; 08-12-2021, 05:10 PM.

Comment

• Witsend
                    Banned
                    • Nov 2012

Check your local craigslist, where you can often see what you are buying .
                    Good deals can be had , but you need to be careful.
                    Last edited by Witsend; 05-22-2017, 05:51 AM.

Comment

• kirkbarrow.garage
                      • Jan 2015

Originally posted by Witsend
                      Check your local craigslist, where you can often see what you are buying .
                      Good deals can be had , but you need to be careful.This seems priced right to me

https://chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/tls/6136393904.html

I would agree, if I was back in Ohio currently I would drive right over and snap his hand off 🙀🙀

Comment

Working...