Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sniperfi
    • Nov 2015

Vantage Ultra / SIA 2000 DIS Adapter

Can anyone tell me if the SIA-2000 DIS adapter will work with a new Vantage Ultra? I want to be able to read ignition spark waves. I would like to use it on conventional, COP, DIS and etc ignition systems. If the SIA-2000 DIS adapter is not the correct attachment, what should I look into?

Thanks,
  • Witsend
    Banned
    • Nov 2012

I would look into one of these for COP applications.

Comment

• Rich Shepherd
      Snap-on D&I
      • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Sniperfi
      Can anyone tell me if the SIA-2000 DIS adapter will work with a new Vantage Ultra? I want to be able to read ignition spark waves. I would like to use it on conventional, COP, DIS and etc ignition systems. If the SIA-2000 DIS adapter is not the correct attachment, what should I look into?

Thanks,
      The accessories for ignition testing with the Vantage Ultra can be found here:

Select Vantage Ultra from the platforms, then select the Scope accessories tab part way down the page.
      You will need secondary coil adapter lead EETA309A05A to connect the secondary pickups that are shown to the Vantage Ultra.
      All of the application specific pickups listed connect directly to the coil adapter lead.
      You would test one cylinder at a time.
      Note that to connect the generic COP/CIC stick or flag pickups to the secondary coil adapter lead, you would need a female to female RCA adapter commonly available at electronics stores and where RCA cables can be found. the plain ones work fine, you don't need the gold ones.
      Vantage Ultra does not use the SIA2000 DIS adapter. It's for connecting to multiple cylinders at once and displaying Parade and Raster Patterns when used with the Verus.

Comment

• Sniperfi
        • Nov 2015

Multiple Cylinders

Rich, can the Vantage Ultra display multiple cylinders at once and displaying Parade and Raster Patterns? Or just as you mentioned, one cylinder at a time. Following your advice in getting the EETM306A02 Secondary Ignition Clip On, should I also get the EETA309A050A Secondary Coil Adapter?

Thanks for your help,

Jesse

Comment

• Rich Shepherd
          Snap-on D&I
          • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Sniperfi
          Rich, can the Vantage Ultra display multiple cylinders at once and displaying Parade and Raster Patterns? Or just as you mentioned, one cylinder at a time. Following your advice in getting the EETM306A02 Secondary Ignition Clip On, should I also get the EETA309A050A Secondary Coil Adapter?
          Thanks for your help,
          Jesse
          Vantage Ultra does not display Ignition patterns such as Parade 5 ms or Raster 5ms which are RPM independent.
          For the most part you would connect to cylinders one at a time and display them in fixed time sweeps such as 5 or 10 ms to get the best view of the spark.
          It will however display as may cylinders in a row as connected to a channel's input such as when connect to a coil wire on a distributor engine, but the diagnostic value is limited.
          In that case to get all cyls in the firing order on the screen at one time, a sweep of about 200 ms would be used with the engine at idle. While the firings would be displayed for each cylinder, at that sweep you wouldn't have enough detail to evaluate the spark section of each cylinder. If you select a sweep to better see each cylinder you will only see one at a time so you might as well test them that way. You would also need a sync signal on a 2nd channel when connected to multiple cylinders to tell which cylinder is which. Not many distributor cars around anymore anyways so for the most part if testing secondary, one cylinder at a time is the easiest way to go considering the difficulty of connecting to all the cylinders at one time on the cars that you can get to them all.
          The SIA2000 would mainly be used to connect to Waste Spark ignitions when used in conjunction with a Verus which supports its use.

The secondary coil lead (EETA309A05A) is used to connect the individual secondary pickups to the scope so if you are going to use any of the secondary pickups, you will need it. Which pickups you may want will depend on the vehicles you want to use them on.

Comment

• Sniperfi
            • Nov 2015

SIA 2000

Rich, thanks you for your information. I returned the SIA 2000 DIS Adapter back to my Snap On dealer today.

Comment

Working...