Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 425hp302
    • Apr 2009

Compatability integration with mitchell/manager software

1. I would like to see a work order written in the mitchell/manager system first.
    2. Then I would like to open data manager on my verus & see the work orders from the mitchell/manager system.
    3. I would then like to click on the existing work orders, as viewed on the verus, that the service writer has written in the mitchell/manager system & start diagnosing.
    4. Also I would like to see the notes & diag data on my verus be able to be transfered onto the mitchell/manager work order without having to type duplicate notes?

Thanks
    Josh
  • happynewbob
    • Jan 2009

Has ony one added Shopkey / mitchal to there Veruse. I was adviced that is was not a good idea because it would slow the Veruse way down. It would be a very help full to intagrate shokey and the Veruse work order/ worksheet.

Comment

• 425hp302
      • Apr 2009

Mitchell/Verus

I just added mitchell/manager on the verus by making it a workstation & making a map network drive to the host. Yes, the verus is slower while mitchell is running, but close the mitchell program & verus runs fine. I am still experimenting. I am trying to find a way to cut & paste from verus diag screens to manager.
      Josh

Comment

• sdlindsey
        • Mar 2008

Originally posted by 425hp302
        I just added mitchell/manager on the verus by making it a workstation & making a map network drive to the host. Yes, the verus is slower while mitchell is running, but close the mitchell program & verus runs fine. I am still experimenting. I am trying to find a way to cut & paste from verus diag screens to manager.
        Josh
        Have you had any trouble with using Mitchell Manager over wireless? I haven't bothered to try yet as we don't use wireless in the shop for security and reliability reasons. The reason I ask is that the Mitchel salesman told us that wireless would cause problems with the real-time connected database.

Comment

• 425hp302
          • Apr 2009

Mitchell/Verus

Have not tried wireless. To many hackers in my end of town just trying to get into wireless networks. I started the verus this morning & started manager also. Both seemed to work at normal speed. I listen to the salesman but I always do as much homework as possible. Salesman are just trying to make us happy, even if they dont know what they are talking about. My snap on tool dealer that sold my tech his verus said it had all the latest updates. Well, it didnt. I had to get on the tech line to find out where to switch from default shop key to on demand 5. I had to load the latest updates myself.
          I am trying to make the verus a shared computer on the shops network in hopes that I can access it from my office, then cut & paste the tech notes & codes into manager work orders. Havent been able to gain access. Obviously because I dont know exactly what I am doing with networks.
          Josh

Comment

Working...