X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cpierson34
    • Sep 2016

2010 Dodge WIN Module Programming

Hello,
    I have a 2010 Grand Caravan that I am replacing the WIN module. Is this something I can program with my ck100 or do I need to use my PTP III.

Thanks
    Chad
  • Steve6911
    • Feb 2007

Not sure about the CK100 but you need a Witech to do it right. You also need the PIN#

Comment

• ToltecasChavez
      • Apr 2011

I can confirm this as well. You need original Tool to program a new WIN module. It requires flashing the Module and other steps before it actually works. PIN writing and secret code sent to PCM, etc. I have tried doing this with my launch, snap on and another tool that reads and writes PIN codes and other stuff with the WIN module. Even writing VIN to WIN. Still didn't work. Had to bring in a guy who had a POD and he did it in a few minutes.

Comment

• cpierson34
        • Sep 2016

That's what I thought. Thanks again for quick reply.

Comment

• Witsend
          Banned
          • Nov 2012

I can confirm this as well. You need original Tool to program a new WIN module. It requires flashing the Module and other steps before it actually works. PIN writing and secret code sent to PCM, etc. I have tried doing this with my launch, snap on and another tool that reads and writes PIN codes and other stuff with the WIN module. Even writing VIN to WIN. Still didn't work. Had to bring in a guy who had a POD and he did it in a few minutes.
          Again though before you go buying an OE sub and subletting to a guy with a WiTech, you could borrow the Lube Tech's Chinaman tool of another brand that shows in function viewer it should do it and program keys if you don't get a bum steer and actually obtain the correct PIN for the vehicle , it might just work ok.
          Last edited by Witsend; 01-25-2018, 05:18 PM.

Comment

• jables2006
            • Dec 2015

I use the drew Rap for that junk.

Comment

• Ruston11
              • Feb 2015

autel

autel scanners can install this if you have the pin for the car.
              WCM special functions

Comment

• Witsend
                Banned
                • Nov 2012

Yeah, IMO @utel is kinda Hit or Miss, but how perfect can it be if it's not OE and you're some poor overworked Chinese software engineer having to put twice the amount of Sh@t from a boot and make it fit in a loafer for Italian cars and still have to deal with the Chrysler end , but IMO well worth a shot before parting with OE subscription fees and having an OD from LSID. Got a used Pro that is still under warranty to July . I Never bothered to register it under my name because it works and updates ok. Recently twice already when it sat in sleep mode for a long period of time , I can't wake it from black screen by just touching the power button to wake it up, and had to hold the power button in for like 10 seconds and release it to get the Turd to boot back up. Got another Port Freight 08 for a backup just in case Pro craps out. For the interim I think I just power it off till I need to use it. Hope it lasts a few more years as is.

Comment

• ToltecasChavez
                  • Apr 2011

I have a used SKIM Module again here in the shop. I'm gonna try again, I have PIN for both SKIM Modules in hand just in case. I'm gonna try the option in my launch pad 2 which says "WIN REPLACED". I used the old PIN of the used SKIM and locked it out, lol. Waiting an hour now with switch on so it can let me try again, this time using the PIN of the original SKIM Module. Will let you guys know what's up. Or anyone have any input about it would be nice. Thanks again.

Comment

• bestdamgarage
                    • Apr 2016

Originally posted by Witsend
                    Yeah, IMO @utel is kinda Hit or Miss, but how perfect can it be if it's not OE and you're some poor overworked Chinese software engineer having to put twice the amount of Sh@t from a boot and make it fit in a loafer for Italian cars and still have to deal with the Chrysler end , but IMO well worth a shot before parting with OE subscription fees and having an OD from LSID. Got a used Pro that is still under warranty to July . I Never bothered to register it under my name because it works and updates ok. Recently twice already when it sat in sleep mode for a long period of time , I can't wake it from black screen by just touching the power button to wake it up, and had to hold the power button in for like 10 seconds and release it to get the Turd to boot back up. Got another Port Freight 08 for a backup just in case Pro craps out. For the interim I think I just power it off till I need to use it. Hope it lasts a few more years as is.
                    Bought my 908 new Ive always had to hold the button for like 10 seconds to get out of sleep mode.

Comment

Working...