Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Glide
    • Jan 2015

Nissan key coding

Has anyone attempted to add keys to a Nissan with snapon scanner?
    A customer inquired about adding a new key to a 2015 Rogue,I have 18.2 on my solus ultra.
  • Witsend
    Banned
    • Nov 2012

I think Snappy has to incorporate some sort of a Basic Yes or No , Cut to the Chase kind of Capability Viewer on their scanners that can answer whether or not the tool can do some common special functions without wasting your time and your customer time without the need of a J2534 passthrough locksmith ID and a $ OE sub required and also have a link to some sort of GD Powers Suckometer Survey to compare Suckiness of Fails to Sweetness of Sucesses of functionality between it other makes of scanners.
    Chinaman scanner function viewer for a 2015 Altima in BCM says special function of ID registration , but ID registration of what? Doesn't say specifically if it is for NATS , Immobilizer ,the Intelligent key, mechanical key, or WTF. so the Function Viewer Functionality check would get a Suckometer check for being vague.
    Last edited by Witsend; 05-09-2018, 11:35 AM.

Comment

• ToltecasChavez
      • Apr 2011

Try a Launch X431 or Autel. Those tools can do proximity keys and turn style keys. Have done a ton. Now, I highly recommend you using original fobs. I have used those cheap amazon and ebay keys and the remote either doesn't work or they work sometimes. In the beginning I thought it was the tool not coding correctly, but I learned my lesson. NO CHINA CLONE GARBAGE. Only OEM or used. Some Used fobs can be reprogrammed. Good luck!

Comment

• bestdamgarage
        • Apr 2016

Originally posted by ToltecasChavez
        Try a Launch X431 or Autel. Those tools can do proximity keys and turn style keys. Have done a ton. Now, I highly recommend you using original fobs. I have used those cheap amazon and ebay keys and the remote either doesn't work or they work sometimes. In the beginning I thought it was the tool not coding correctly, but I learned my lesson. NO CHINA CLONE GARBAGE. Only OEM or used. Some Used fobs can be reprogrammed. Good luck!
        No china clone garbage but you using a autel.LOL

Comment

• Glide
          • Jan 2015

Originally posted by ToltecasChavez
          Try a Launch X431 or Autel.
          I looked at both of these brands "supported vehicles" lists and don't see that either can do '14 or '15 Rogue NATS or I-keys.
          My Solus Ultra does do a lot of keys,Honda,Toyota,and Hyundai are some that I use often.There is not a lot of good info about Nissan NATS that I can find.

Comment

• ToltecasChavez
            • Apr 2011

Originally posted by bestdamgarage
            No china clone garbage but you using a autel.LOL
            Not sure if ur saying that because ur ignorant or just trying to troll me. Either way, the launch and autel work. Maybe next time do some research. Lol

Comment

• bestdamgarage
              • Apr 2016

Not ignorant or trolling.I have a 908p along with my verus.If you want to call people ignorant learn how to spell ur is spelled your're or you are.

Comment

Working...