Verus

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MasterWrench
    • Oct 2006

I heard $8895 is the "promo" price they will be at when first released according to my dealer and tech rep. They will go up after that......
    MasterWrench

Comment

• transman618
      • Oct 2007

My dealer came by today and I asked him about it. He thought it was impressive. He told me that they would be priced at $8995. I asked him about trading MODIS on it. He said they would definately take the trade in if the MODIS has current software. Dont know how much they would credit towards the Verus but he said he would find out for me.

A couple of thinge concern me though about spending the money on one.

1: Unlike MODIS, the Verus has touch screen. In a shop environment, how easy will it be to scratch the screen?? With touch screen, can you use screen protectors like the MODIS to protect the screen or will that cause the touch screen function to not work.

2: I was always told not to buy the first model of anything because there are too many bugs to work out. I'm not saying the other tools are problem free but you get my meaning. Something new. with new problems.

Chsrles

Comment

• Nick
        • Oct 2006

I have used touch screens in shops for years. On my tablet pc's they would only scratch where you would drag a tool bar.

Scan tools with touch screens, (ie, BMW GT1) have lasted perfectly for years.
        Mechanic-Instructor-Mobile Trouble Shooter

Autotechdiagnostics.com

Comment

• aurora
          • Mar 2008

My Matco dealer told me today they are releasing there own version like the Verus, touch screen and scope function, from what he knows its OBD2 wireless with probably the same type of OP system platform Snap on is using,

he thought the price was aroung $5,500.00 on promo

Comment

• KM@PROAUTOTECH
            • Oct 2007

Originally posted by transman618
            I noticed they are advertising it but have not priced it yet. Have you heard of what they might be going for?? Would you trade in a MODIS for it??

Charles
            So, far I am hearing approx. $8900.00.

That is my plan seems to be a stable platform with plenty of capability. Keep in mind this one is only a Beta version, so I everything is not activated, but so far I am happy.

Comment

• KM@PROAUTOTECH
              • Oct 2007

Originally posted by diesel71
              have you used it to reprogram a pcm or program a blank pcm with the passthrew pro 2 ?
              would you happen to know if the old pass-threw pro is compatible?
              how about using the pressure transducers?
              thanks for helping and sharing all the info
              I have not used the Pass Thru Pro II on it yet, keep in mind the same as any other XP platform, so the Pass Thru Pro II can plug into the Verus, and you would than gather your info off of the net with the wirless net connection with the Verus and send it through the Pass Thru Pro II to the car.

Comment

• KM@PROAUTOTECH
                • Oct 2007

Originally posted by mwada
                How long does the battery charge last with normal use?

Thanks,

Miles
                Used it solid for several hours, ran out of work and left it on another hour going through the screens and still no battery problem.

Comment

• KM@PROAUTOTECH
                  • Oct 2007

Originally posted by No-Start
                  Hi Kevin,

Can you show me a capture of a split screen with the scanner and scope?

Or can it only do scanner and CTM?

Thanks,

No-Start.
                  You can move from screen to screen, leaving several active as well.

Comment

• KM@PROAUTOTECH
                    • Oct 2007

Originally posted by Steve6911
                    Does it support wireless printing ie another printer on the network? Any virus protection as you can get on the internet. In screen captures, if you have RPM's displayed will that reading show as it does not with the Modis?

THANKS!
                    Steve
                    Basicly anything you can do on an XP platform, so you can add software. I would be concerned about internet Virus issues as well, but my plan is to use my Verus for work related issues on the net, just as I do my toughbook, and use a seperate shop or home computer for general net use to avoid not eliminate virus issues, have had that policy with my toughbook and no problems, knock on wood.

Comment

• KM@PROAUTOTECH
                      • Oct 2007

Originally posted by bobob
                      thats pretty sharp, does it charge on its own while in dock or do u have to plug it in? can u use it in dock while connected to cars?
                      I had it plugged in to 110, and no feed back vlt issues, and seemed to charge fine. I used it with 110 supply and was good to go.

Comment

• KM@PROAUTOTECH
                        • Oct 2007

Originally posted by smj1995
                        That's my question too. Would you trade in your Modis for it or just add it to the tool arsenal?
                        I think the question that needs to be raised here is what is the volume of work you have in your shop to decide to add the Verus and keep your Modis or trade your Modis? Not to mention the benefit of a backup or trade to always have new.With that being said, if we all want the latest and greatest it does come at a cost, so, if you are than going to be mad (meaning anyone and everyone) for your value, and those who have attended my Seminars have an idea, the day of hanging onto Diagnostic equiptment for 20 years has been gone for some time, to avoid the pain of price,we have to be vigilant about using our equiptment, and chargeing for the use so it does pay for itself and none of us have regret when we decide to keep or trade, matters not if we are a one man shop or 10.

Comment

• KM@PROAUTOTECH
                          • Oct 2007

Originally posted by bobob
                          is it plenty fast w web sites?
                          Very Fast, downloading diagrams from Shop Key at the fender, was comparable to many laptops I have used with a wireless connection.

Please keep in mind this is a Beta unit, as I stated in my first post, I have not run it through everything.

Comment

• KM@PROAUTOTECH
                            • Oct 2007

Originally posted by Nick
                            Would you share a screen shot of the colors inversed?
                            Nick,

grayish background like with the Modis but seems to be clearer.

Comment

• KM@PROAUTOTECH
                              • Oct 2007

Originally posted by Steve6911
                              Are the Euro and HD truck still an option or standard? Any idea on their cost if option? Also, I'm sure it is but I have to ask, is the scanner software pretty much the same?
                              Not sure on the Euro/HD.

The scanner software is what you are used to put easier to navigate and more so in graph mode, where you do have a split screen of data and graph. It is much much easier to pic your graphs, the pids to be graphed, custom data list for graph. You can even change the graph plot color.

Comment

• KM@PROAUTOTECH
                                • Oct 2007

Originally posted by transman618
                                My dealer came by today and I asked him about it. He thought it was impressive. He told me that they would be priced at $8995. I asked him about trading MODIS on it. He said they would definately take the trade in if the MODIS has current software. Dont know how much they would credit towards the Verus but he said he would find out for me.

A couple of thinge concern me though about spending the money on one.

1: Unlike MODIS, the Verus has touch screen. In a shop environment, how easy will it be to scratch the screen?? With touch screen, can you use screen protectors like the MODIS to protect the screen or will that cause the touch screen function to not work.

2: I was always told not to buy the first model of anything because there are too many bugs to work out. I'm not saying the other tools are problem free but you get my meaning. Something new. with new problems.

Chsrles
                                Nick, has given pretty much my same thoughts. Touch screen works well, if you drag something across the screen, that would be an issue. You can use a stylus as opposed to touch.

Again I am using a Beta version, so to say all is perfect, when I have not gone through all the functions would be unfair to you as well as Snap-On.

Comment

Working...