Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nguyendo
    • Nov 2007

2005 Saturn Vue 2.2L AWD code controversy

I recently worked on a 2005 Saturn Vue 2.2L AWD vehicle. When I was in Global OBDII mode, the code store in memory was P0455 and MIL was on; when I switch over to OE mode the scanner report no code store in memory. I've try both Verus and Modis 7.4 on the same vehicle, both return the same result. Could it be a software issue with the scan tool? had anyone came across this problem?
  • bwrench
    • Aug 2008

You should try a tech2 on this car. I think that you would be amazed at what the factory scanner would show you. As cars get more complicated, the need for the OE tooling increases, and the aftermarket tooling gets left in the dust. Your P0455 is a generic code, the tech 2 will show you a OE specific code that will pinpoint the real problem.

Comment

• Nick
      • Oct 2006

Assuming you have used all the scan tools you have access to; if this MIL is on a code is present. The fact that certain scan tools could not display the code is an error with the tool. Your best bet is to contact SO tech support to see if they are aware of this issue.
      Mechanic-Instructor-Mobile Trouble Shooter

Autotechdiagnostics.com

Comment

• Joe Rappa
        Snap-on DSD
        • Aug 2007

Is is not uncommon for a code to be stored on the OBDII side of a PCM and not have a code stored on the OEM side. It is also common to have different codes stored on each side. It is way more common on some makes than others. That's why it's best to ID the vehicle as both OBDII and VIN when checking codes. If you've never done this, give it a try and you'll be surprised how many times the OEM and Global sides have different codes/freeze frames in them.
        The bottom line: This may or may not be a problem with the scanner. Call Tech Support to get the final answer.

Joe
        "You don't build a reputation on what you're going to do"
        Henry Ford

Comment

• nguyendo
          • Nov 2007

I normally start in Global OBDII first due to the fact that I don't have to enter VIN. From there on, it depend on what the code or problem might be; I 'm most likely switch over to OEM mode to use the Troubleshooter feature to understand the code setting criteria and see if I can find some PID that can lead me in some direction. The problem I had doesn't bother me , it just my curiosity to know why. BTW the vehicle is fixed. Thank you all for the advise.

Comment

Working...