X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Witsend
    Banned
    • Nov 2012

Great Designs on Paper

2007 Ram 1500 short bed pickup. 2wd 4.7 v8 w 5 speed manual.Kind of cool truck. The truck is back to have new charcoal canister installed Codes for P0452 small evap leak and P0457 loose gas cap. Check engine lamp on and gas cap message also display on odometer.
    I see the Charcoal canister has no bolts securing it to inboard side of plastic gas tank and just has a couple release tabs at the rear and a tongue in groove design at front of canister. Could it really be that simple? Nope , cant slide the freakin tongue out of the groove at the front of canister until you swing the rear of canister almost 90 degrees from the side of the tank. Drive shaft is in the way and that extra swing necessitates unbolting the front of the drive shaft yoke from the rear of the transmission .
    Cleared both the codes with generic scan tool but gascap message remains in odometer area.I check the cap is on tight, no wiring or switch at filler neck area, WTF! I hook up the Maxi and no option was found to turn of gascap message. I pull Dodge out of garage and park it for a few hours, watch the last few hours of regular season football, then go out to see if a couple good Hole Shots with the Mopar might do something to turn off the gas cap message. I start up the truck and Low and Behold the gascap message was gone. I drive around the block respectably, turn of ignition , restart and gascap message is gone for good.
  • Trindaddy
    • Jan 2010

We shall see tomorrow.....

Comment

Working...