Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Matt
    • Dec 2008

Up-Date

Anyone know what to expect with the new Sure Track update coming in October?
    Last edited by Matt; 08-31-2016, 08:32 AM.
  • Nick_Taylor
    Administrator
    • Jan 2014

Originally posted by Matt
    Anyone know what to expect with the new Sure Track update coming in October?
    Information on the new SureTrack will be coming soon. There are some improvements but mostly it's a move away from the old askatech.com site and software. Hopefully you don't lose your points.
    SureTrack Community Administrator, Diagnostics forum Administrator.

Comment

• dodge90
      • Oct 2014

hope the point system is changed to actually have to help someone and not just going in on every one and typing +1 to gain points. And what does the points mean anyway???Not like you can cash them in for cool t-shirts or stuff.
      I've tried and tried, but can't seem to fix stupid!

Comment

• Nick_Taylor
        Administrator
        • Jan 2014

Originally posted by dodge90
        hope the point system is changed to actually have to help someone and not just going in on every one and typing +1 to gain points. And what does the points mean anyway???Not like you can cash them in for cool t-shirts or stuff.
        I don't know of anyone abusing the point system by replying to every post with a +1. Currently the points don't do anything but give other users an idea of your level of participation. It won't be changing with the new version at first.

I should probably start a discussion on the new version but will wait until we get closer to the launch. I haven't even had my hands on it yet.

Comment

• Tech_A
          • Jul 2014

I do agree with this as it is a bit redundant entering +1 and creating more pages to scroll through. I prefer the system used in stackoverflow, whereas if you agree with another user's answer you can endorse them bumping their approval rating. I think this would make points and status have actual value.

Comment

• Matt
            • Dec 2008

In other forums i noticed fellow forum users endorse a post by "liking" it, which doesn't benefit the "liker-er" with more points it just lets the reader know other people agree with the posters content.

Comment

• dodge90
              • Oct 2014

+1

NOT saying it's getting abused, to a point, but when I am on it and click on a post, seems to be a lot of +1's and to me that's not a response and their for not get a point for that. Should also note there was a lot of posts not closed, no fix posted. Would like to see something added in where one needs to close before posting another help question.
              I've tried and tried, but can't seem to fix stupid!

Comment

• Nick_Taylor
                Administrator
                • Jan 2014

NOT saying it's getting abused, to a point, but when I am on it and click on a post, seems to be a lot of +1's and to me that's not a response and their for not get a point for that. Should also note there was a lot of posts not closed, no fix posted. Would like to see something added in where one needs to close before posting another help question.
                I send reminder e-mails out to users to try and get them to close their questions. It used to be done automatically but they turned it off. I'd prefer it was integrated into the system and others have suggested not letting people ask questions until they close their existing ones but that has issues in itself. Not sure when we'll implement an automated system.

Comment

• greasybob
                  • May 2008

Have you ever had a really bad idea about something and got a minus (-) 1 ?

Comment

Working...