Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • djusc122
    • Feb 2016

Solus ultra freezes

Hey guys. I have an ultra that is freezing up every time you touch the screen and that's the only time it will freeze. It you use the buttons it works fine. If you're looking at live data and it freezes, if you unplug the cable it will lose communication and you can use the back button to back up and it works then. Anyone experienced this before. Am workimg on 16.4.
  • Witsend
    Banned
    • Nov 2012

Are you positive your PC is clean? I'm not sure if the Solus Ultra is Windows CE or not, but If you got a Virus or Adware on the your PC that you're running your SSC on , and your PC seems a sluggish ,man, you can just imagine what kinda number it's gonna do on a the Windows CE based scantool.

Comment

• djusc122
      • Feb 2016

This is an older solus. Not Windows based at all. Don't see how it could get a virus.

Comment

• diesel71
        • Feb 2008

Originally posted by Witsend
        Are you positive your PC is clean? I'm not sure if the Solus Ultra is Windows CE or not, but If you got a Virus or Adware on the your PC that you're running your SSC on , and your PC seems a sluggish ,man, you can just imagine what kinda number it's gonna do on a the Windows CE based scantool.

Comment

• Glide
          • Jan 2015

Originally posted by djusc122
          Hey guys. I have an ultra that is freezing up every time you touch the screen and that's the only time it will freeze. It you use the buttons it works fine. If you're looking at live data and it freezes, if you unplug the cable it will lose communication and you can use the back button to back up and it works then. Anyone experienced this before. Am workimg on 16.4.
          I've had my Solus Ultra since they came out,currently at 17.4,and I've never had that or any other problem with it so far.
          Sounds like a hardware issue.

Comment

• Crusty
            • Dec 2007

Originally posted by djusc122
            This is an older solus. Not Windows based at all. Don't see how it could get a virus.
            There is the very old SOLUS, then there came the Solus-PRO. Neither are touch screen.
            The Solus-ULTRA and newer ARE windows based. Win-CE embedded.

I have come across SOME instances of freeze-ups but not often. Knowing which vehicle you were plugged into at the time may be of some help for others to relate to.

Comment

• Witsend
              Banned
              • Nov 2012

The Solus-ULTRA and newer ARE windows based. Win-CE embedded.
              The Solus Edge and Modis Edge both have an SMX embedded OS.

Embedded Royalty Free RTOS. SMX no royalty RTOS for ARM, Cortex, and ColdFire embedded systems. Real time multitasking kernel, USB H/D/O, FAT flash filesystem, TCP/IP, GUI. Designed for demanding real-time apps.

Comment

• BMW JEDI
                • Feb 2012

http://www.smxrtos.com/rtos/
                And this was one of the primary reasons I purchased these units over the Micro$oft WindBLOWS units...

The SMX platforms are very stable.

Comment

• Crusty
                  • Dec 2007

http://www.smxrtos.com/rtos/
                  My bad.... CE, then SMX....You're right.
                  No touch screens before the Solus-Ultra.
                  I've come across freeze-ups on both operating systems, but rare.

Comment

Working...