• Show
Clear All
  • erldrums
    • Jan 2018

solus wont talk to 06 sprinter abs

hey Guy's ,
    brand new on here today!
    I have a slous pro, 14.4, dl16 & correct S keys, S4 S17 S20
    trying to check wheel speeds on a 2006 dodge sprinter 2500, with the s-20 key.
    As soon as it com's, traction , ESP, ABS, Brake! lights come on and it locks the shifter in park (no lights or codes showing before it actually connects, lights go out as soon as I stop communication)
    So, went and borrowed buds solus pro, different S20 key, same thing..
    any ides?
    cheers
  • Witsend
    Banned
    • Nov 2012

Well I would start the communication with the Van in neutral , so if you are able to view wheel speed pids , you are able to get the van into gear and and drive it instead of being stuck not being able to get it out of park.

Comment

• erldrums
      • Jan 2018

thx for the reply bud,
      I can override the lockout by pushing a pen into the shifter unit..then moving into gear but, I would assume the van is locking out the selector for a reason?..don't want to screw anything up !
      I should also mention, when the solus does communicate , the pid's are all reading 2km, while stationary..dont know if thats relevant?
      Scanner has been great with engine problems, found crapped out egr, maf senser, few other little bits and bobs..running really nice now,but we have a feeling the the ABS is"nt working right..surging on braking, (below 15km)..
      Van is high km, 426,000, wondering if the Bosch unit has crapped out internally?
      cheers

Comment

• tech25
        • Oct 2017

Hello and welcome to the forums..

First i would check 3 things,

check power and ground and communication lines at the abs unit
        make sure all grounds and power ( kl30 ) and key on ( kl15 ) are correct.

second.

make sure all tire sizes are correct on all 4 wheels, maybe different tire sizes on rears for example will show different wheel speeds.

third, check the sensors at the abs connector , refer to the picture for a explanation.

also, these dont look like digital hall effect sensors so you should after measuring the resistance switch to AC voltage and
        give the tire a spin with your hand and see if it it generates a small amount of AC voltage
        Attached Files
        Last edited by tech25; 01-05-2018, 06:43 AM. Reason: added wiring

Comment

• Witsend
          Banned
          • Nov 2012

Hey , I Had one of them Turds several years ago , I posted about.Good Luck

Tips, tricks, questions and suggestions... Discuss Instrumentation and information for testing vehicles at the component level.

Comment

• erldrums
            • Jan 2018

thx tech25!..will try that ...will post results
            Witsend, I read that post about the tone ring fix, thats what got me to sign up for the forum, seems like there are some savvy blokes on here!! as we say in the old country!
            cheers

Comment

Working...