Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • antthecat
    • Apr 2014

VAG group new diesel cooling system vent function

Hi, I'm running a verus edge on 17.4 (UK). Few days back I had to work on a 2014 golf 2.0l TDI CRBC engine and had to change a water pump, nothing drastic but when filling/bleeding there should be a scantool function to run the auxillary pumps and open the auxillary radiator to purge any air out.

This function is not on the snap on tool (had to use ODIS). It would be great if this function was added by 18.2 please.

Many Thanks

Anthony
  • tech25
    • Oct 2017

thanks for the report, hopefully snap on reads these forums and looks into these issues and addresses them.

Comment

• Joe Rappa
      Snap-on DSD
      • Aug 2007

Does the UK Version of Snap-on scanner give you a choice for Expert Mode when IDing a VW? If so, the tool basically functions like a Vag-Com scanner, allowing most every Function available. You'll need detailed Service Info to follow along though. It's not exactly intuitive.

Joe
      "You don't build a reputation on what you're going to do"
      Henry Ford

Comment

• antthecat
        • Apr 2014

Yeah we have expert mode, only trouble is the basic setting channels are not listed on ErWin and are done in background on ODIS. Have had a look on VCDS and could not see it.

Reason I would like it on the snappy is all special functions on the tool are guided. Just easier to use than ODIS.

Comment

• Witsend
          Banned
          • Nov 2012

Reason I would like it on the snappy is all special functions on the tool are guided. Just easier to use than ODIS.
          Lot's of drunken cursing in German is why Goober had let ODIS go and sleep it off in the Maiberry Kafig

Comment

• Witsend
            Banned
            • Nov 2012

2008 Audi A8 Quattro L

Sometimes it takes some chop sticks to crack The Nazi Enigma code of a overpriced Farfignueggen POS I told the customer to save it in case it is needed in the future . So anyone know what a PIN code actually be good for ?
            Attached Files

Comment

• Glide
              • Jan 2015

[QUOTE=Witsend; So anyone know what a PIN code actually be good for ?[/QUOTE]

Could be a immobilizer pin.

Comment

• antthecat
                • Apr 2014

That pin is golden, any work where engine ECU, instruments (if immobilizer is part of cluster), 3C Passat steering column replacement or key programming is required that pin is crucial.

I see Autel had the function but not hit the button yet.

Comment

• Witsend
                  Banned
                  • Nov 2012

Patience and a battery maintainer is required.The process takes quite awhile going through a lot of value blocks or something. I was supposed to change out his blower motor but never did , because I went off on some tangent trying to get the sound system to come out of some stuck mute mode . I found interesting that communication between some of these modules is done by fiber optic loop.

Comment

• Witsend
                    Banned
                    • Nov 2012

Tried to pull the password (PIN?) on a 2013 VW Passat 3 different ways the Cyst listed and all 3 ways failed. I just updated my Max Cyst VW software too, so maybe just down graded again or it's a PIN in the Haystack chance it will works on some VAG years and models but not all.

Comment

• tech25
                      • Oct 2017

thanks for the info, any tools that make my life easier is a plus for me. regardless of who makes them, if its good quality and works. Im all about it

Comment

Working...