Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • phill57
    • Oct 2007

2005 Chrysler Pacifica no TIPM access?

I was working on a 2005 Chrysler Pacifica Touring VIN 2C8GF68415R487664, last night trying to figure out why the headlights would not work, no low beam or high beam just parking lights and DRL. Turned out to be high resistance in the headlamp switch MUX wire to the BCM which did not set a code in the BCM because it was not out of range but what I noticed when I tried to scan this vehicle is that there was no access to the Totally Integrated Power Module or Front Control Module depending on which part of the service manual you are reading. I should be able to pull codes, read data and do bidirectional tests on the TIPM. I'm using a Verus Edge 17.4 software. I was only able to scan 9 controllers in this vehicle. I'm pretty sure there are more than that. Should be around 15 I believe. I tried to ID the vehicle manually as an 04, 06 and other Chrysler models but no joy. Did we loose access to some controllers?
  • ToltecasChavez
    • Apr 2011

It happens. There's still a lot of modules that snap-on tools cannot read. It's why I also have a Launch, Autel and autologic. Some say it's licensing issues others say snapon is lazy. Either way, I learned in situations like these, it's a good idea to have other tools. SUCKS, bc they cost a ton of money, but they can't do everything. Good luck!

Comment

Working...