Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • resistro
    • Nov 2008

Modis No comunication w/ Mercedes

Am trying to connect to a 1998 Mercedes S320 with Modis 6.4ver (w/euro) using the MB connector w/ S-20 key in the engine compartment. Modis keeps on saying "NO COMMUNICATION ESTABLISHED...". What am I doing wrong? I really don't want to try the generic OBD way because I did spend the the cash for the Euro kit and i want to use it.
  • Skip
    Super Moderator
    • Apr 2008

Could you try a few things so I can help you.
    1- Unplug the modis battery and retry. This will tell us if the MB connector has power. The tool may be using its battery.

2- Try the generic OBD II connector inside the car. This will tell us if the ECU can communicate.

Comment

• resistro
      • Nov 2008

its got power, my Modis battery can't hold a charge anyway. It told me to use the S-20 Key, I used that key and tried most of the other Mercedes keys and still no communication. I paid good money for the Euro set up so it would really piss me off if I did not get to use it. I will try the generic tonight to see what happens...

Comment

• sdlindsey
        • Mar 2008

Originally posted by resistro
        its got power, my Modis battery can't hold a charge anyway. It told me to use the S-20 Key, I used that key and tried most of the other Mercedes keys and still no communication. I paid good money for the Euro set up so it would really piss me off if I did not get to use it. I will try the generic tonight to see what happens...
        Can you please provide us with the VIN for the vehicle?

I would suggest trying, like you will, the Global OBDII mode. If that does not work you should try Global OBDII with the standard connector and blue keys to see if that works.

There may be a gap in coverage for that particular vehicle. I've run into some gaps with the BMW coverage. It occurs to me that 6.4 is quite a ways back coverage-wise. It is possible that if there is a gap that it has been filled with a more recent version of the software.

Comment

• resistro
          • Nov 2008

I got the generic to work, it showed me just some engine parameters... Anyways, here is the vin
          WDBGA33GOWA389323. It's the "W" version. I tried both "V" and "W" with the Euro and still could not connect.
          Last edited by resistro; 02-04-2009, 05:08 PM.

Comment

• resistro
            • Nov 2008

Got the EURO to communicate. Could only connect to one system. There were options such as DIAGNOSTIC SYSTEM, FUEL INJECTION, TRANS, AIRBAG, ... I could only get it to connect using the fuel injection system. But i was still able to get some engine parameters. Have been trying to look at some real-time misfires but I cant understand what its reading out.

This is what I CANNOT conect to:

This ONLY what I can connect to:
            Last edited by resistro; 02-27-2009, 07:08 PM.

Comment

• jrorl63
              Snap-on DSD
              • Aug 2007

RE: No Communication w/Mercedes

Did you try the Legacy Software?

Comment

Working...