Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Leodude
    • Apr 2008

CKP variation learn

The Modis doesn't guide the user through the steps of a CKP variation learn nearly as clearly as it does with most of its component tests. A chat with tech support revealed to me that I needed to STOMP the gas pedal once I was in the crank learn window, and that the relearn procedure will have been successfully carried out WITHOUT specifying the test had run successfully, or at all. These notes should be included in the introductory notes of the procedure.

In my case, I merely assume the relearn occured, because the false P0300 I was getting has gone away.

Thanks a bunch--

Leo Gilmore
    Haines Falls Auto
    Haines Falls, NY
  • No-Start
    • Oct 2006

You shouldn't need to STOMP on the accelerator to perform the relearn.

What version software are you using?

No-Start.

Comment

• Leodude
      • Apr 2008

Version 8.2. It doesn't tell you to stomp or gradually press the accelerator- it doesn't tell you anything. Modis tech support is who told me to stomp it. My point is that the instructions could be more detailed, as they are in component tests. That's all- no biggy.

Comment

• Jay G.
        Administrator
        • Dec 2006

CKP relearn

Leo,
        Can you give me the vehicle information (YMME) of the vehicle you were working on.

Thanks
        Jay

Originally posted by Leodude
        Version 8.2. It doesn't tell you to stomp or gradually press the accelerator- it doesn't tell you anything. Modis tech support is who told me to stomp it. My point is that the instructions could be more detailed, as they are in component tests. That's all- no biggy.

Comment

• No-Start
          • Oct 2006

Hi Leo,

I believe with version 8.2, there was a few instances where the CASE learn wasn't as clear as it should have been. This should have been fixed with the later version software.

I'm guessing that the Super Mod is asking the year, make and model of the vehicle you were dealing with to ensure that this is the case.

I've done quite a number of CASE relearns and this is what you would typically see.

CASE Learn 1.GIF

And once it learns:

CASE Learn 2.GIF

You probably already know this as you've sucessfully performed the relearn already, but you need to ensure that the parking brake is on to perform this relearn.

No-Start.

Comment

• Leodude
            • Apr 2008

Jay: This was an 03 GMC K2500HD 6.0, 1GTHC24U33E282046. P0300 with no misfires, crank relearn got rid of it. If software newer than 8.2 is clearer, then never mind-- we'll be updating pretty soon. (I probably should have gotten the boss to update our scanner before I raised this whole stink.) Thanks-

No-Start: Nope, my crank relearn screens were definitely less explicit. On a sidenote, I did have the parking brake on, but the contact in the switch for the dash light was dirty-- had to clean it off & get the light working again on the chance the test depended on that signal.

Comment

• nd4mr2spd
              Snap-on DSD
              • Aug 2007

Things to add to Verus

I have had some customers request a way to avoid having to re-enter some of the VIN characters back in the scanner portion of the Verus if they have left the car and return to it later. Similar to the previous vehicle section of the other tools. Unless I'm mistaken, the Verus currently doesn't retain the VIN characters in the scanner section, even if the entire VIN is retained under the vehicle tab.

I've also heard of another having trouble getting Chrysler to Auto ID on the Verus.

Comment

• sdlindsey
                • Mar 2008

Originally posted by nd4mr2spd
                I have had some customers request a way to avoid having to re-enter some of the VIN characters back in the scanner portion of the Verus if they have left the car and return to it later. Similar to the previous vehicle section of the other tools. Unless I'm mistaken, the Verus currently doesn't retain the VIN characters in the scanner section, even if the entire VIN is retained under the vehicle tab.
                I was just observing the need for the same thing. Also, it would be nice to have all the associated letters listed next to the year so I don't have to think about the vehicle I'm identifying. That was a nice thing about the previous interfaces -- I can just enter the VIN and I'm good, I don't need to process what year a T is, you know?

In a better world than this, since the Verus has you identify a vehicle prior to VIN entry, to have the Verus save the VIN components you enter into the vehicle's profile -- both for future quick access and for documentation purposes.

Comment

• hoosier daddy
                  • Mar 2009

Originally posted by No-Start

I've done quite a number of CASE relearns and this is what you would typically see.

[ATTACH]2397[/ATTACH]

And once it learns:

[ATTACH]2396[/ATTACH]

No-Start.
                  How do you access this function?
                  I need to do a CKP Case learn on a 1997 K1500 chevy with a 5.7L.
                  I have a MT2500 and access to a Solus Pro but can't find this function anywhere on either scanner.

Comment

Working...