Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Modis500
    • Sep 2012

Honda TPMS Sensor Initialization

Okay guys, replaced a TPMS sensor on a 2010 Fit , JHMGE8G28AC009498.
    Used TPMS3 to try and turn off system light, which it did, but now the low pressure indicator turned on. Followed prompts in Solus Pro for Initialization, but scanner said it was unable to read ID of LF tire, and wouldn't go any further. It said to use in conjunction with the TPMS3, and I did that, but one time it only got to 40% complete, but was still unable to ID LF. BTW, new sensor ended up on LR, unsure to why Solus Pro couldn't ID the OEM sensors. Any tips?
    Oh I also tried the magnetic end of my TPMS1 while the scanner did the Initialization test, with no better luck.
    "If you aim for nothing, you'll hit it every time!"
    Zig Ziglar
  • Witsend
    Banned
    • Nov 2012

TPMS

Maybe the tire sensor the module has ID location as the LF is now in the spare tire compartment or was moved to another corner of the car?

Comment

• Modis500
      • Sep 2012

Reword your question Witsend. Which corner are you inquiring about?this is a 4 sensor system, not a 5
      Zig Ziglar

Comment

• Witsend
        Banned
        • Nov 2012

TPMS Question

From what I discovered, unless the TPMS sensor in question being replaced is one that obviously broke (like a metal caps seized to metal valve stem and cracked the stem off triing to unscrew cap with a pliers), just because the scanner has a code out for tire sensor position ID , it doesn't mean the wheel is still mounted at that position.

Comment

• Modis500
          • Sep 2012

Yes I'm aware of that. The positions were learned prior to the low pressure indicator flashing, then proceeding to the scan tool operation of the test.
          Zig Ziglar

Comment

• greasybob
            • May 2008

Have you driven the vehicle or tried reading the sensors again with the TPMS3 with ignition on since installation ?

Comment

• Modis500
              • Sep 2012

Did not drive it but gave to customer to drive and told him to return if light stays on. I did cycle key every time I repeated the testing.
              Zig Ziglar

Comment

• greasybob
                • May 2008

Does this vehicle have a TPMS and a low tire light ? If understand only the low tire light is currently on ? Was the solus able to collect any codes ?

Comment

• meatwad
                  • Mar 2011

Did you go into to functional tests in tpms land and reg all 4 ids using the scantool and tpms tool? Usually has you trigger each wheel 5 times in a row and then prompts you to move to the next one. When you are done- light will be flashing until you go over 25 mph or so. It goes out on its own confirming your work.

Comment

• Modis500
                    • Sep 2012

I was in the tests area and did go into the register sensor area. I was unaware that it took up to five times for it to be recognized though. I'll try this the next time. And Bob, the system has a low tire and a TPMS system light. And there were no codes in the module.
                    Zig Ziglar

Comment

• sbreland73
                      • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Witsend
                      Maybe the tire sensor the module has ID location as the LF is now in the spare tire compartment or was moved to another corner of the car?
                      Not likely on Honda/Acura vehicles as the regular full size tire will not fit in the spare tire well without the floor panel not resting in a proper position. Also, I'm pretty sure Honda does not put sensors in the tiny doughnut spares they use.
                      S. Breland

Comment

• Modis500
                        • Sep 2012

No, you're right. This was a donut spare, and had no sensor in the spare... 4 sensor system
                        Zig Ziglar

Comment

• Witsend
                          Banned
                          • Nov 2012

Hi Dave, that wireless code scanner is just $8 on Amazon has a 5 star rating and is a great deal for what it does for generic engine code retrieving and resetting the light for occasional do it yourself auto enthusiast. I don't believe it accesses TPMS or other system codes.
                          I also give my used Halloween fog machine I bought off Craigslist for $20 5 stars also for being able to run a hose up my pants leg and blow smoke out my @ss for laughs and was able to see an intake leak on a DISA valve on a BMW X3, but as a professional smoke machine to pinpoint a small evap leak through tubing all the way to the back of the vehicle , it's not up to the task.

Comment

• Joe Rappa
                            Snap-on DSD
                            • Aug 2007

[QUOTE=Dave1987;44646]Can this elm 327 does this function. I saw the professional TPMS tool charges much more $$

Any of those OBDII dongles can only do whatever the application software allows. Any software that I have seen for them was strictly OBDII Engine Codes and Data.
                            The short answer to your question is No. It won't do TPMS.

Joe
                            Last edited by JP211; 11-14-2014, 03:02 PM.
                            "You don't build a reputation on what you're going to do"
                            Henry Ford

Comment

• wagzilla
                              • Oct 2014

Originally posted by meatwad
                              Did you go into to functional tests in tpms land and reg all 4 ids using the scantool and tpms tool? Usually has you trigger each wheel 5 times in a row and then prompts you to move to the next one. When you are done- light will be flashing until you go over 25 mph or so. It goes out on its own confirming your work.
                              5 times I did not no that! thanks for sharing

James

Comment

Working...