Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • akicestorm
    • May 2009

New to Flash

Hey guys thinking about making the leap in to flashing. I got a few questions.

1. Would you recommend the PTP II or the Drew Tech? Please explain why. Oh and if Drew Tech which one and why?

2. Charger/Power Supply. What make/model of battery charger would you recommend. Please explain if you can.

I plan on starting with GM then moving to Ford and go from there.
    As far as I can tell a Win 7 Pro laptop would be mnost ideal correct?

What other operating systems may be needed for other vehicles.

Thanks A LOT!
  • longhungsilver
    • Oct 2013

1) so many choices for j2534 devices. The cardaqm is worth researching as its expandable/upgradeable. Also Bosch makes a device that doubles as a gm MDI and can be used as a j2534 flasher. If those r to much money I'd say just get a snap on PTPII or the drew tech cardaq plus (no difference).

2) i'm struggling to remember the brand of charger I use...you want one with a flash programming mode.....ideal if the voltage is adjustable..

3) windows 7 32 bit laptop should work for everything I believe...although I have a 64 bit and sofar no problems..some programs can't be installed on same laptop (ford, Mazda, Honda)..

Comment

• badcoupe
      • Jan 2011

I have a snap-on charger that has adjustable flash reprogramming setting. I use the ptp with Gm's tech2win and GDS2 with no issues.

Comment

• akicestorm
        • May 2009

thanks for the input!

Comment

Working...