X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • phill57
    • Oct 2007

2010 Ram 1500 5.7 Used PCM Programming

Hello group.

Have a 2010 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi that needs a new PCM due to a failed injector drive transistor. I'm wondering if Chrysler allows reprogramming a used PCM and will I need an LSID to deal with the Skim or is there a way to transfer the skim code from the original pcm.
  • greasybob
    • May 2008

There is no way of utilizing a used PCM for a 2010 or newer Chrysler that I am aware of. The flash process is too automated. Once you write the VIN into the new PCM the vehicle should start.

Comment

• greasybob
      • May 2008

If you could find a used PCM that has the same calibration number you could install it and then erase and rewrite the VIN number with the Jbox tool. Might work.

Comment

• Witsend
        Banned
        • Nov 2012

If you could find a used PCM that has the same calibration number you could install it and then erase and rewrite the VIN number with the Jbox tool. Might work.
        Agreed , however hit or miss a Chinaman tools often can be, If it can save me buying a subscription I would access the WCM and if the tool does offer the special option " PCM Replaced" under special functions, I wouldn't hesitate to risk bricking a $60 salvage yard module before I give my $60 to Chrysler and have the J box still not work and then be scrambling to find someone with a WiTech to come out before my sub runs out of port and I really be under water.Time is money though too, so if you got some friend network with someone with a WiTech and an LSID at your beck and call like Steve does , I would then not risk bricking the $60 salvage yard PCM with some Hit or Miss Chinaman tool, and call your friend over with the WI tech and then buy the subscription. Note it would really help to see if your customer can get his SKIM/WIN/WCM security PIN # from his Dodge dealer beforehand with what ever proof of ID , registration, and ownership of the vehicle they may require of him to obtain it before you try anything without a LSID and WiTech
        Last edited by Witsend; 02-02-2018, 10:31 AM.

Comment

• Steve6911
          • Feb 2007

Phil

What about having that unit rebuilt? If it is just the injector driver the logic chips will not need to be touched so all the programming will stay intact.

Comment

• phill57
            • Oct 2007

Used PCM?

I think I'm going to be off the hook on this one. The vehicle is likely going to go to the dealer and the repairs covered under the owner's insurance. Mice or squirrels ate the injector wires and shorted them together this is what I believe damaged the driver in the PCM, injector is good, wires are good but no drive signal even when commanded in atm tests. Now I have an 09 same Truck that I believe needs a computer too for a different problem. I think I'm going to try a used one and see if my autel maxisys will do it or write the vin. I'll report back on how I make out in the end. Thanks for the suggestions.

Comment

• phill57
              • Oct 2007

Rebuilt PCM

Originally posted by Steve6911
              Phil

What about having that unit rebuilt? If it is just the injector driver the logic chips will not need to be touched so all the programming will stay intact.
              Thanks for the suggestion. I did look into that and that is certainly an option out of the USA as well as preprogrammed plug and play computers.

Comment

• Ruston11
                • Feb 2015

Dmax

A combination of a dmax tool to pull skim from vehicle and an Autel will do it.
                Go into the special functions of the WCM and use the pcm replaced function.

Comment

• phill57
                  • Oct 2007

New reman computer

Well I sent the original PCM to bluestreak and after 4 days they informed me that they could not fix it so I ended up ordering a remanufactured PCM from a company in the USA called Flagship One. They programmed and sent me a replacement unit which was calibrated with my VIN and plug and play. Did not have to deal with Skim. Very reasonable prices and very quick. 7 days from date of order to delivery to northern Ontario Canada. https://www.fs1inc.com/

I would definitely recommend them. Even provides a lifetime warranty on the part.

Comment

• Steve6911
                    • Feb 2007

Awesome! Glad to hear it worked out for you!

Comment

• Crusty
                      • Dec 2007

Originally posted by phill57
                      Well I sent the original PCM to bluestreak and after 4 days they informed me that they could not fix it so I ended up ordering a remanufactured PCM from a company in the USA called Flagship One. They programmed and sent me a replacement unit which was calibrated with my VIN and plug and play. Did not have to deal with Skim. Very reasonable prices and very quick. 7 days from date of order to delivery to northern Ontario Canada. https://www.fs1inc.com/

I would definitely recommend them. Even provides a lifetime warranty on the part.
                      Thanks for the info-!!
                      That's awesome.

Comment

Working...