Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Matt
    • Dec 2008

GM HVAC software coverage

Replaced a/c control head in 2008 Silverado and attempted to flash. SPS says software not available for HVAC module. Any ideas for work-a-round, anybody else stumble onto this GM software coverage hole??
  • Crusty
    • Dec 2007

Originally posted by Matt
    Replaced a/c control head in 2008 Silverado and attempted to flash. SPS says software not available for HVAC module. Any ideas for work-a-round, anybody else stumble onto this GM software coverage hole??
    It might just need a resetting/synchronization of the mode door actuators.
    I have seen a procedure for synchronizing all the mode doors in SI but I can't remember exactly where. Check your service information system for things like mode door replacement. It might be in that general area.

Comment

• ToltecasChavez
      • Apr 2011

Have you tried new installation option? Try both options and see if it works. Also, check to see if you can communicate with the new module. If you can. go to data and see if the VIN is programmed into it or if its blank.

Comment

• Matt
        • Dec 2008

Will do, thank you for the help.

Comment

• Glide
          • Jan 2015

HVAC Control Module Programming and Setup

HVAC System Control Module Programming and Setup

Each of the following service procedures may require programming or setup procedures to be performed on the HVAC control module or HVAC actuators.

HVAC Control Module Replacement

If the HVAC control module is replaced it must be programmed with the latest operating software and vehicle calibrations. Refer to Service Programming System (SPS).

HVAC Control Module Reprogramming

Do not reprogram the HVAC control module, unless directed by a service procedure, or a service bulletin.

Reprogram HVAC Control Module--Refer to Service Programming System (SPS).

Actuator Replacement

If an actuator is replaced, the following procedure must be performed:

- Re-Calibrating Actuators--Refer to Actuator Recalibration for the manual system.
          - Re-Calibrating Actuators--Refer to Actuator Recalibration for the automatic system.
          Remember that there is a HVAC control as well as a blower control module,don't get mixed up.

Comment

• ToltecasChavez
            • Apr 2011

An update Matt??? Would love to know how you resolved this.

Comment

• Matt
              • Dec 2008

Sorry for delay everyone. Sent vehicle out without HVAC working. Old farm truck and customer needed it back. I don't think those A/C head units need software. Anyways I never got the chance to locate the root cause of the problem. I will post again when it comes back to the shop.
              Last edited by Matt; 11-29-2018, 10:24 AM.

Comment

Working...