Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • greasybob
    • May 2008

Mazda Air Bag Module

Had a Mazda 3 from the body shop that needed an Air Bag Module (RCM) installed and programmed. Wasn't sure if Mazda supported flashing an Air Bag Module or if only emissions modules were supported as I've never had to mess with a Mazda before or at least since it was separated from Ford.The Mazda web site or the J2534 tool box isn't exactly clear on this either. It worked !!. The Mazda programming is almost identical to Fords FMP or FJDS. I needed to enter the as built data since the old module was no longer available. So just to see how similar the Mazda and Ford were I entered the VIN number into Fords As Built menu and the numbers came up the same as in the Mazda web site As Built data. I think any high speed can module is supported.
    Attached Files
  • Steve6911
    • Feb 2007

Mazda doesn't make it easy! If you go to their site it makes you think you can only do PCM reprogramming.

Mazda.JPG

Good to see you got the job done!

Comment

• tech25
      • Oct 2017

thanks for the info.. but reagarding ids, i hate it, my god, there system is so old.

Comment

• Steve6911
        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by tech25
        thanks for the info.. but reagarding ids, i hate it, my god, there system is so old.
        The system maybe old and slow but at least its not like FCA who is on their 5th generation of scan tool since the DRBIII

Comment

• tech25
          • Oct 2017

Originally posted by Steve6911
          The system maybe old and slow but at least its not like FCA who is on their 5th generation of scan tool since the DRBIII
          I dont understand what you mean by FCA???

theres many brands under FCA.. are you saying they all use the same scan tool??

be more specific

Comment

• Steve6911
            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by tech25
            I dont understand what you mean by FCA???

theres many brands under FCA.. are you saying they all use the same scan tool??

be more specific

Chrysler/Fiat and formerly ME/BE.... StarScan, StarMobile, WiTech with Pod, MicroPod, MircoPodII

Comment

• tech25
              • Oct 2017

not too familiar with them.

I know Maserati Diagnosi, and Diagnosi Evo..... old Diagnosi was a pretty good system. but that was around before FCA happend. Evo is kinda a mixed system now.

Speaking of FCA. how bout them security modules huh.

Comment

Working...