Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DtechJon
    • Apr 2015

Sprinters

Good morning all. Im looking for the best scan tool for dodge, Mercedes and freightliner sprinter trucks. I have to be able to get the trucks out of severe derate due to DEF system malfunctions. If it has flash capabilities its even better. I tried looking in to factory stuff @ 23k? holly smokes that's steep! I have heard of aftermarket software that is lap top based and works just as well but have not been able to find any reputable people that sell it or the interface to run it. I have an Autel maxisys and snap on pro link ultra. I remember VW had VAG-COM that worked just as well as factory tool. Was wondering if there is anything like that available for sprinters. Thanks in advance.
  • tech25
    • Oct 2017

how does the autel, and snap on compare?? i would think between them two you should be good.

but if you need more, i would guess the factory tooling is required, I know mercedes xentry is expensive, maybe look around on the internet and you can find a work around for xentry.

Comment

• Nate75
      • Jan 2019

the shop where I work picked up a "Factory" Xentry/DAS tool on EBAY for ~$600 I figure it is a chinese copy with pirated software, but it acts just like the factory tool, all the functional tests work, (and there are way more than the snap-on and autel) but it won't reprogram any modules. have used it on a sprinter and was able to reset the exhaust aftertreatment system. we may have just got lucky and ended up with one that works.

Comment

• DtechJon
        • Apr 2015

the autel maxisys works pretty darn well for most things but I still get some trucks that are in 5mph derate and I cannot get it out for the life of me....I have tried just about every function/reset available and nothing works. I got the pro link from a buddy snap on guy and said it was a demo but has 10 attempts for diagnostics with any make/model. after trying that sprinter I called snap on tech support and was told pretty much what I was already thinking that outside the factory tool its near impossible to find something comparable to xentry. Nate, I was looking at some of the software online that comes with a though book and attachments but got a little scared because I have no idea what im buying...I wish I had somebody nearby that I could try it out only because I heard horror stories about after market software crashing, incomplete, no technical assistance etc...but I guess this will have to do because I cant shell out 23k for factory stuff

Comment

• tech25
          • Oct 2017

I also have xentry, and it works good, the sw is the factory sw, also I have Monaco ( which is factory.. not dealer... sw )

if you want some more info, pm

Comment

Working...