Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TurboJim
    • Jan 2007

Am I the only one this is happening to?

Yesterday was the first time I had this happen, but want to keep a good eye on it. I was scanning an 04 Passat, back out, change vehicles, go to scan a 97 Saturn SW2, "An error occurred" when trying to access engine data. Could read codes no problem. Reboot the machine. All is well. Go to a F350, had to reboot to get communication again. Go back the the VW after doing the work it needed, "Error identifying ECU" comes up. Again, reboot, and all is well.

Anyone else having weird stuff happen? I'm starting to wonder, it seems I get weird things happening after an update comes out. Starting to wonder if SO puts a timer in there to act up, forcing you to update? Kind of a coincidence that 12.2 just came out??? I seem to recall similar issues at 11.4's introduction.
    Jim Testa
    Senior Technician
    JD Automotive & Truck Inc
    Dover, NJ
  • Bob's Garage
    • Nov 2007

Comm error

Hi Jim,

Did you install the 11.4 service release?

If you did, how long ago?

Just checking to trace the error.

Also, I never checked back on the DUC update, did it install or not?

Jim, to save your self time, just try to shut down Atlas and restart it and see if that does the trick, rather than re-starting the Verus unit.

Maybe, that might do the trick. If, not it's a wasted minute or two.

Thanks, Bob

Comment

• TurboJim
      • Jan 2007

I did install the critical update, and all seemed fine until yesterday or the day before. I never got the chance today to verify the DUC as my dealer swooped my unit for the free 12.2 upgrade this afternoon. We'll see tomorrow if it is in fact an UPgrade.....
      Jim Testa
      Senior Technician
      JD Automotive & Truck Inc
      Dover, NJ

Comment

Working...