What comes in the base Verus Wireless kit?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sandt38
    • May 2012

What comes in the base Verus Wireless kit?

I started doing my research this weekend on the Verus. I had decided on the MastertechVCI, but found the Verus' suite of programs and the 4 channel scope to be intriguing. Plus, we already use Shopkey, so it looks like it will cut time significantly when it comes to reference material.

I have read all the negatives, and the positives, and decided this is the route I want to follow, so please don't come here telling me to run in the other direction. My SO dealer has gotten me set up with the tech guy who will be coming out to demo the product on Wednesday. I have a few cars lined up that we have had problems scanning with our equipment to really test this machine. I am also looking for the issues I have seen brought up here, IATN, and several other forums during our demo.

I looked on the Facebook page, and someone said you buy the scanner and have to buy all the add-ons. OK, I am aware of the add-ons and I am not sweating them, but I do want to know what comes with the base kit. Do the scope leads all come with it? Does the USB for connectivity to the remote OBDII module come with it? Does it come with any extra filters, screen protectors, or styluses with it? I am also buying the pass thru-proII so I can flash program.

Use:
    Very high volume used car dealership, and we fix cars right, and offer 3-36K warranty on all cars sold (no cars over 10 years old)
    Side programming of cars I am comfortable with (no euros)
    Side repair business hiring out to shops who can't seem to fix cars.

Purchase list:
    Verus Wireless - EEMS325W
    Pass-Thru Pro II - EETA113B
    Charge Station - EAK0294B02A
    Ignition lead kit - EAK0294B09A
    COP Stick - EAC0056L03A
  • sandt38
    • May 2012

Thanks!

I wound up getting the whole 9 yards. I bought the OBDI and the Euro upgrades as well. The lead set offering is pretty weak, IMO. Fortunately I have several sets of Fluke lead sets with piercing probes, backprobes, bed-of-nails, sharp tip and alligator clips. It would seem to me that for 10 grand they should include longer leads, and a nice variation of tip sets, but whatever.

SO far I like the unit. Apparently the new Verus load times are considerably less than I have read(roughly 1 minute from start to home screen, compared to the 3 minute times even my dealer said was common). I only had a brief period of time after getting it to play with cars around the shop. I brought home a 2002 Malibu to play with a bit this weekend. The unit offers a tremendous amount of info and Bi-Directional. I have 3 Buicks at home (1986 Grand National, 1996 LeSabre Custom, and a 2000 LeSabre Limited), and an old Nissan PU (1994). Played with the GN and the 96 LeSabre. Plenty of info. I did laugh when I went to program key fob and it told me the old jumper the OBDII connector info. I was hoping the unit would jumper the terminals for me, but whatever.

Comment

• TurboJim
      • Jan 2007

Thumbs up on the GN. Thats how I got my nickname :-)
      Jim Testa
      Senior Technician
      JD Automotive & Truck Inc
      Dover, NJ

Comment

• sandt38
        • May 2012

Originally posted by TurboJim
        Thumbs up on the GN. Thats how I got my nickname :-)
        I was gonna ask about that. Have you done much to it? Do any racing?

I worked for Lou Czarnota about 18 years ago. Got to meet guys like Art Carr and Kenny Duttwieler.

Comment

• TurboJim
          • Jan 2007

I know Lou (TurboLou lol), and he knows me. Mainly via gnttype.org and 30 or so years of BSing around. We never did meet. I used to bust his balls about his chevy powered Buick LOL. I did custom chips for a long time. I think at one time it was ATR, KenneBell, Modern Muscle (mike licht), Red, Jay Carter and me. Then the cool features came out in lieu of tuning (I was a tuner, not a programmer) like latching modes via trouble codes etc...ala Bob Bailey and Eric Fisher.

I sold my T about 2 years ago. Lost interest and I have kicked myself in the *** every sunny day since. In the end it was as far as a 109 block would go without stroking. A 10.60 car, but no cage etc

If you see Lou, tell him Jim Testa said hi. It'll be a huge blast from the past!

Good luck with the Verus. Its a great tool. Little buggy at times, but once you learn its quirks, it'll work nice for you
          Jim Testa
          Senior Technician
          JD Automotive & Truck Inc
          Dover, NJ

Comment

• sandt38
            • May 2012

I haven't seen Lou in 15 years. I left California 12 years ago. I understand he sold the shop on Vista Terrace and moved back east. But for some odd reason he went back to Cali, and I guess he is back in business, but not in the same building. Based on what I saw as his last location, I bet he is in the old XJ's building, an independent Jaguar mechanic who was friends with Lou.

That Twin Turbo V8 "GN"? We were building that thing when I left there. He was a rather difficult dude to work for, but I worked there for 2 years or so. Got to work on a lot of fun cars, got to learn a lot about what made them go really fast too. I played with a lot of fast V8s, but nothing is as fun as >250 cubic inches throwing you down the track in 11 seconds.

Comment

Working...