Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mvprichmond
    • Jun 2015

nissan vin write

So I am needing to write the vin on a 2005 nissan altima. The function is not working within the ners software. I have contacted nissan tech help and they tell me you must have a flash file to even write the vin. The problem with that is their is no update the pcm # is 23710-zb005. When you go into the nissan website to enter the pcm number for updates it does not find any updates. Nissan tech help told me it did not have any.
    1) this is a rebuilt pcm from a company in florida. So I think the software is still present. I just need to write the vin and unlock the immob.
    2) if this was a nissan rebuilt pcm, are they not blank from them? If so how would you install software that was not available?

So in theory I am going to try and upload any calibration file to have it there and then write the vin #. I hope it goes well.
    Let me know your thoughts on this and I will also update when I am done.
  • ToltecasChavez
    • Apr 2011

I have a Launch Pad 2 and an Autel. Both let u write the VIN in the car. I know the Modis Ultra with the new update and old as well can write the VIN on certain Nissans and other cars. But u have to see. I also remember seeing this option on ToolBox, but not sure. U need a J2435 to use the ToolBox. Good Luck!!!

Comment

• eddie8
      • Mar 2008

Originally posted by mvprichmond
      So I am needing to write the vin on a 2005 nissan altima. The function is not working within the ners software. I have contacted nissan tech help and they tell me you must have a flash file to even write the vin. The problem with that is their is no update the pcm # is 23710-zb005. When you go into the nissan website to enter the pcm number for updates it does not find any updates. Nissan tech help told me it did not have any.
      1) this is a rebuilt pcm from a company in florida. So I think the software is still present. I just need to write the vin and unlock the immob.
      2) if this was a nissan rebuilt pcm, are they not blank from them? If so how would you install software that was not available?

So in theory I am going to try and upload any calibration file to have it there and then write the vin #. I hope it goes well.
      Let me know your thoughts on this and I will also update when I am done.
      It might be easier and cheaper to find a mobile tech who can use the consult scan tool to knock that out for you
      Edwin Hazzard
      Southeast Mobile Tech

Comment

Working...