Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dmlink
    • Nov 2010

Vantage Pro Operating System Lockup

Recently purchased a Vantage Pro from an individual on ebay. Has 10.4 bundle installed. Every now and then it will lock up and won't allow me to do anything. Eventually I will have to shut it down by removing the battery. Anyone else experienced this problem? Any known fixes other than to yank the battery and reboot?
  • kebo1970
    • Nov 2008

V-pro

Make Sure The V-pro Is Off; Then Remove Cf Card#1. Look To Make Sure The Prongs Are Ok Then Reinstall The Cf Card. If The Problem Keeps Up You Could Buy A New Cf Card With 10.4 Installed(if You Think Its A Software Problem Only). If You Think Its The Machine You May Have To Send It In. Let Me Know If You Need A Part Number For The Cf Card.

Comment

• dmlink
      • Nov 2010

V-pro

Thanks for the info. I pulled the CF card out and inspected for pin damage, none found. I believe it is a software issue and does not happen very often. The unit came with 8.4 on it but obviously was upgraded to 10.4 recently. Apparently this is done by Snap On sales rep's who re-flash the original CF card? So if I wanted to buy a new card with 10.4 installed, I'm sure I would have to pay the $400+ that the upgrade costs, right? I would appreciate the part number if you have it. Thanks.

Comment

• kebo1970
        • Nov 2008

V-pro

Part# Eesp303j14 Vantage Pro 10.4 Update On A New Cf Card

Comment

• AMX77
          • Aug 2009

Had this issue with mine from day one... I bought mine brand new and it was back for service more in the first year I owned it than I had it in my toolbox. After the third time it came back and did it again they replaced it and no problems since. They replaced several pieces inside of it and recovered the system several times and installed updated software. The only thing that made it better was new machine lol. For what its worth Mine only seemed to do it when I was powering the unit down, and towards the end it would lock on boot-up, But mainly the issue was when I would shut it down it would say please wait then the screen would black out but it stayed turned on, reset button did nothing, the only thing that would turn it off is to take power from it. hope this helps

Comment

Working...