Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • evergreenauto
    • May 2015

connection hardware question

I noticed the wifi keeps saying its now connected every so often...could the wifi card in the verdict be going out? if so is it also the card that has the Bluetooth? I saw no other antenna connections inside when I upgraded to 2 gigs and a 128g ssd. I looked at the model number on the card and noticed its a realtec wifi card but the specs don't mention Bluetooth. BTW it's a RTL8191SE in my unit with 2 antenna wires and I assume one is wifi and the other Bluetooth.
  • sbreland73
    • Jan 2009

Not for sure if it has Bluetooth, the number you gave appears to be for the actual WiFi chip, not the complete card. As for the antennas, it uses dual signal switching for the Wifi signal. The Verus units, and most laptops, use a combo card that has both. I would guess that is your case also.

S. Breland

Comment

• evergreenauto
      • May 2015

that number was preceded by "model no-" and I look it up by the number for sale and can find the Wi-Fi card all day but yes I'm not sure that it has Bluetooth on it...therefore the Bluetooth must be built into the motherboard but I saw no other antenna connection. I guess it has a good reach without an antenna.

Comment

• MonzaRacer
        • May 2008

uhmmm

If your using a verdict as far as I know they are all wireless internet and blue tooth to scanner module and scope meter. Many laptop wireless cards are double duty but running model/serial number will identify its capabilities.
        In my verdict I didn't see separate card for Bluetooth.

Comment

• Witsend
          Banned
          • Nov 2012

I don't know if the Verus can be paired with a Verdict scan module or not ,Monza Nick , but if your boss wants to snooker your verdict away from you for half of that $9k it might have listed for at one time, it might be for the best. The march of Technology and Lots of Chinese competition in the new scanner market has made getting older Snappy stuff used a Bottom feeder Bonanza if you are careful.

Comment

• MonzaRacer
            • May 2008

My verdict has some odd drops in WiFi out of the shop, but in shop its fine, but I do believe it turns WiFi on and off to conserve battery power if no software requires it. But this is just a theory.

Comment

Working...