Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • louie
    • Dec 2016

Vantage Pro compresssion testing of a rotary engine

I am thinking that using a suitable pressure transducer, probably 500 psi it should be fairly simple to check the compression of a rotary engine. I was just wondering if anyone has done this before? All the rotary engine compression testers I have looked at are quite expensive. Thanks
  • Witsend
    Banned
    • Nov 2012

Why wouldn't a cranking test with an amp probe around the battery cable give you a good idea if one rotor on compression is likely lower than the one next to it

Comment

• Joe Rappa
      Snap-on DSD
      • Aug 2007

Originally posted by louie
      I am thinking that using a suitable pressure transducer, probably 500 psi it should be fairly simple to check the compression of a rotary engine. I was just wondering if anyone has done this before? All the rotary engine compression testers I have looked at are quite expensive. Thanks
      It works just fine. Connect the probe to your compression test gauge without the schrader valve in it and you're all set.

Got one that won't cold start? You already know the answer. Get a new engine.

Joe
      "You don't build a reputation on what you're going to do"
      Henry Ford

Comment

• Steve6911
        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Joe Rappa

Got one that won't cold start? You already know the answer. Get a new engine.

Joe
        Or.....just don't let it get cold!

Comment

• Joe Rappa
          Snap-on DSD
          • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Steve6911
          Or.....just don't let it get cold!
          Or fog it with some nitrous and get one last run out of it. Don't expect much compression after that.
          "You don't build a reputation on what you're going to do"
          Henry Ford

Comment

Working...