MODIS BackLight Repair

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AnimeFunTV
    • Jun 2022

Got both from Mouser for under $25 with shipping.

I will say this though. After replacing both, my backlight didn't really change in brightness but now after about 5 minuets the backlight will die out. I'm not sure if its the CCFL tube or something wrong with the IC I got. I reflowed the LT1786FCS and the Cap and still no difference.

I did have to use pn SMDTC03100TA00KQ00
    vs SMDIC03100TA00KQ00 (as its not available). The only difference between the two, is one is made out of Polyphenylene Sulfide (PPS) and the other is Polyethylene Terephthalate (PET), both are the same ratings and voltages.

So I am unsure what is causing the Backlight to die out, I did save the old LT1786FCS and plan on soldering it back on and see if possibly I got a defective new LT1786FCS. If the backlight dies again I need to see if possibly the CCFL tube is just bad and can't handle the voltage from the new parts? Dunno if my multimeter can read 1kV or more...

Comment

• hatzie
      • May 2023

Thank you folks for this information. I was looking into replacement screens.

BTW I bought the CCFL switching regulator and the capacitor from Mouser
      QTY 1-9are a bit more than the bulk price, but you don't have to purchase 500 of the darn things just to get one.

Comment

Working...