Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • orlando
    • Feb 2011

Used abs module

Hi guys, I replaced an ABS module on a 2009 Ford flex with a used module and it was giving me a code for mismatch vin, tried to programing it with an Autel and now it gives me code 2477 module configuration failure, i need to know if i can solve this problem with my Pass Thru and a ford subscription or if i should get a new ABS module and program it. Any help appreciated
  • greasybob
    • May 2008

If the parts numbers are a match, about all you could do is try to enter the as built data from FMP. Did the old module still communicate ?

Comment

• greasybob
      • May 2008

If you try to program a used ABS module to a Ford with out first changing the as built data you will get a warning message about not using a swapped module from another vehicle. make sure the part numbers match and that the vehicles were similarly equipped. After programming you will have to reset some of the programmable parameters. A new module is always a safer choice.

Comment

• orlando
        • Feb 2011

Originally posted by greasybob
        If the parts numbers are a match, about all you could do is try to enter the as built data from FMP. Did the old module still communicate ?
        Yes it communicates, it was giving me CODE B1342' bad ECU.

Comment

• Tech10
          • Mar 2008

I would do what Bob suggested first. You need to start off with the original ABS module connected to the vehicle so that IDS will inhale the original data then go to "Module Programming" and select PMI and choose ABS then just follow the prompts. IDS will instruct you when to install the module. I'm sure FMP is the same if not similar.

Comment

• wrenchtamer
            • May 2017

You should be fine after you push the as-built data. It can be obtained from ford directly, there's no need to reinstall the old module.

Comment

• orlando
              • Feb 2011

Originally posted by greasybob
              If you try to program a used ABS module to a Ford with out first changing the as built data you will get a warning message about not using a swapped module from another vehicle. make sure the part numbers match and that the vehicles were similarly equipped. After programming you will have to reset some of the programmable parameters. A new module is always a safer choice.
              I did what you said mr greasybob and it worked beautifully, thank you and thanks every body else

Comment

Working...