X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cpierson34
    • Sep 2016

Key Programmer?

Hello,
    Just wondering what key programmer you guys are using & what you recommended. I primarily work on Japanese & American vehicles. I have the Pass thru pro 3 and have done a handful of programming's. Now I have a couple cars that I will be putting in used PCM's this week (2000 Mitsubishi & 2009 Dodge Charger) and looks like I will need a key/immobilizer programmer. I have been reading previous posts & have seen key tools T300 & CK100 mentioned. What are your thoughts on those, is one better than other & I have also seen them on eBay & internet for $120 (clone I am assuming)? Please let me know what you guys think.

Thank you
    Chad
  • Tech10
    • Mar 2008

With the 2009 Charger all you would need to do is rewrite the VIN in the PCM so long the the Calibrations are the same. Tool Box app hopefully will be able to get it done, you might have to do it on the bench. Drewtech will help you if you have issues. As far as the 2000 Mits I'm not sure if there are any key programmers that will get it running for you. Not sure what model you are working on but on most the factory device does not support using a used PCM. Both PCM and Immobilizer Control Module are supposed to be replaced with new. If you buy used you must get PCM, Immo, IG key and lock cylinder from the same vehicle to get it running.

Comment

• cpierson34
      • Sep 2016

Originally posted by Tech10
      With the 2009 Charger all you would need to do is rewrite the VIN in the PCM so long the the Calibrations are the same. Tool Box app hopefully will be able to get it done, you might have to do it on the bench. Drewtech will help you if you have issues. As far as the 2000 Mits I'm not sure if there are any key programmers that will get it running for you. Not sure what model you are working on but on most the factory device does not support using a used PCM. Both PCM and Immobilizer Control Module are supposed to be replaced with new. If you buy used you must get PCM, Immo, IG key and lock cylinder from the same vehicle to get it running.
      Sorry its a 2000 Mitsubishi Galant, and yes I am replacing the PCM & the immobilizer control module but both will be used. I read from this forum on a previous post that said with used PCM replacement on Mitsubishi Galant, use T300 key programmer.

Thank you

Comment

• tomhuynh
        • Oct 2011

Yea my favorite key programmer is the ck100 v46.02 . Don't get the v99.99. The v46.02 can program CAN GM program keys with 12 min key learn for the newer keys with circle plus on the key. The t300 offers the some more things as well that supplement the other tool. Personally, I like having both in case I have issues with the other one not working. Same as scan tool goes. There is not perfect 1 solution. It's good to have a different array of tools. Anyways, I still think the ck100 would do most vehicles you need. Right, I'm still lacking support for used Honda pcm replacement. The Autel and launch scan tool has this support. Also, the newest snap on update has capabilities.

As far as the Dodge Charger, I know it can program adding keys. Dodge ecm replacement is uncharted territory for me. I know the programmer can't write vin for replacement of skin modules. The vin rewrite in the newer dodges should work in the j2534 toolbox. I have done key programming in like 2005 Durango that worked with the key built with a key fob. As far as which ones work is a definite trial and error situation for me. The dodge computer usually you can find suppliers and already program the vin and latest update which you can usually do a plug and play and sometimes they can make keys for you if need be if u didnt have the programmer.

The 2000 Galant is a easy replacement. Both programmer should work on it. Replace the engine computer and do a key programming add.

Comment

Working...