F350 BCM

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • greasybob
    • May 2008

If you follow the instructions that show on the FMP flash program it will tell you when to disconnect the old BCM and install the new one. The process will save and transfer the necessary information.

Comment

• Witsend
      Banned
      • Nov 2012

Sorry for delay in response for this thread, several cars behind in the shop. I had a chance to read ProDemands removal procedure for the BCM. Procedure states "Prior to replacement of BCM, it is necessary to upload the module configuration info to the appropriate scan tool. This info then must be downloaded into the new BCM after installation." Do I need to upload info from old BCM ?
      If the apprentice has a port Freight 08 or a Maxi Cyst you can borrow and you access BCM and under special functions you see "programmable module installation" You can try that before paying for a Subscription and going through FMP with a laptop and a Jbox.

Actually I check Function Viewer on the MAxi Cyst Pro , and don't see Programmable Module listed for BCM , so disregard that , though It shows for HVAC and IPC. Whether function actually works or not , who knows. If my shop had IDS and a Ford sub, I wouldn't waste my time trying an aftermarket possibility.
      Last edited by Witsend; 08-14-2017, 07:21 PM.

Comment

• Matt
        • Dec 2008

I was able to swap in new BCM and install software navigating Fords FMP app. I then programed both keys in the PATS menu. But keys will still not start truck. . PATS menu options state that a parameter reset only needs to be performed if PATS and/or PCM has been replaced, so I did not perform the parameter reset yet. Can anyone shed some light on this subject? Thank you.

Comment

• greasybob
          • May 2008

The BCM is part of the PATs system, so the parameter reset must be done.
          Last edited by greasybob; 08-22-2017, 04:15 AM.

Comment

• Matt
            • Dec 2008

Thank you Bob. I will do the parameter reset and post results. One more thing, how do I "write the TPMS IDs back into the system" ToltecasChavez? The TPMS is doing exactly what you said it would, flashing dome light and TPMS message is displayed in DIC. I have an Aultel 401. Thanks for all the help.

Comment

• greasybob
              • May 2008

Put the BCM into TPMS learn mode with key cycles and brake pedal then excite each sensor.

Comment

• Witsend
                Banned
                • Nov 2012

Thank you Bob. I will do the parameter reset and post results. One more thing, how do I "write the TPMS IDs back into the system" ToltecasChavez? The TPMS is doing exactly what you said it would, flashing dome light and TPMS message is displayed in DIC. I have an Aultel 401. Thanks for all the help.
                I would make sure all 4 tires are at proper pressure, turn the key to the run position where the TPMS light and dome light are flashing. Take your TS401 and activate and retrieve all 4 TPMS sensor IDs in the correct order. Turn the key off for 10 seconds and then back on and see if the dome light and TPMS lamp have stopped flashing indicating the ID's got learned. If it didn't work you at least retrieved the tire IDs on the TS401 to enter manually with a scan tool if needed.
                I always thought of a Parameter Reset as a B@tch Slap to the network to get all modules talking to one another again.

Comment

• Matt
                  • Dec 2008

It started!!!!!!!!!! Parameter reset did it! Ill chase TPMS procedure next. Thank you everyone!

Comment

• Matt
                    • Dec 2008

Ive recorded all TPMS sensor IDs and attempted to input them with my Aultel 401 once I placed the system in learn mode. I can't get anything to program sensor ID's. Looks like I need more hand-holding on this.

Comment

• greasybob
                      • May 2008

Go into the programmable parameters menu in FMP and check to see where the tire pressure triggers are set. Also check the other personality settings to see if they are properly set.

Comment

• Matt
                        • Dec 2008

The front and rear tire placard pressures have question marks by them.

Comment

• Matt
                          • Dec 2008

I inserted the placard values and going to retry.

Comment

• Matt
                            • Dec 2008

No luck. When I place the TPMS into learn mode I never get it to respond to TPMS tool or traditional deflate procedure before it times out. I apologize for all the questions and babysitting on this one.

Comment

• Matt
                              • Dec 2008

I am going to attempt to enter TPMS learn mode via brake pedal/key cycle instead of pushing hazard switch 3 times. Also, my TMPS tool gives me two sensor options, banded or snap in. I assume the ones I am attempting to program are banded due to the old tire sensor ID containing letters and numbers. Selecting banded in my TPMS tool permits me to manually input letters and numbers only in the banded sensor selection, selecting "snap-in" sensors only yields numeric inputs for sensor IDs.

Comment

• Matt
                                • Dec 2008

Success! This truck requires TPMS relearn to be entered through brake pedal/key cycle procedure NOT hazard switch, even though pressing the hazard switch 3 times honks horn and prompts TPMS relearn message in DIC! This stuff is crazy.

Comment

Working...