Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • YOUNGCE2
    • Aug 2017

J2534 programming 2007 chevy w3500 6.0 gas

Hi, I'm new to this forum...Has anybody had the experience of reflashing 07 gm w3500 6.0 gas ... ??

Thanks , E
  • ToltecasChavez
    • Apr 2011

No, but it should be the same as any other GM car. Specially the year since it isn't too old. Usually flashing or reprogramming GM cars shouldn't be a problem. I have done older trucks, 1997 and 1999. The programming is easy and went through smoothly. Only one truck I had a problem where the programming didn't finish, gave error and the PCM had no communication. All it took was trying to reflash again a few times and it finally took. Give it a shot, the program is not that expensive($70) for 2 days. At least you get to see if you can do another one in the future. Good Luck!

Comment

• Witsend
      Banned
      • Nov 2012

Hi, I'm new to this forum...Has anybody had the experience of reflashing 07 gm w3500 6.0 gas ... ??

Thanks , E
      I would ask myself what is the reason for me risking re-flashing ? Is it because some poor soul got his General Malfunction Professional Grade vehicle towed to your shop with a dead PCM or you you just want to try some TSB Band aid reflash that was meant to get a Transmission through the warranty period in it's newer days ? Inquiring minds would like to know, Lol

Comment

• YOUNGCE2
        • Aug 2017

Thanks for the replies, I should have been moor clear . It is an Izusu chassis with GM 6.0gas engine. I have already tried and failed ( no communication), and have since reflashed several regular GM trucks. I know for a fact that ptp2 will not reflash diesel W trucks. The question should be has anyone had a successful reflash on a gm (Izusu) w-truck with 6.0 gas.

Thanks,Elwood

Comment

Working...