Comment

• greasybob
      • May 2008

Check for codes in the TDM as well.

Comment

• Witsend
        Banned
        • Nov 2012

Having a remote start with security bypass, I imagine could possibly "Throw One For The Loop."

Comment

• Matt
          • Dec 2008

No comm with TDM. This truck is a bare-bones work truck, no remote start, factory or aftermarket.

Comment

• greasybob
            • May 2008

The truck should still have a theft control module. It's the module around the key cylinder on the column. If no comm. then that's your problem. What was the original complaint ? Do all the other low speed modules communicate ?

Comment

• Matt
              • Dec 2008

Ok, sorry for delay and extended thread here. I finally have comms with TDM. Codes in TDM are
              B3031- Security System Controller in Learn Mode
              B3935- Transponder Authentication Error
              I am currently attempting 30 minute key relearn procedure.

Comment

• Witsend
                Banned
                • Nov 2012

Take all the other keys and cr@p off the key ring except the one key that you are trying to do at the moment. Make sure the little connector is fully seated in transponder or module assembly under the cover and tilting the column up and down doesn't cause the harness to get tugged on . If not either, I would be looking at replacing the transponder module and having to eat the ECM I replaced.

Comment

• Matt
                  • Dec 2008

Thanks for the tip Wit. I did have some additional keys on the key ring. I am going to have to buy another SPS session and reattempt. Next question, is TDM reflash after an ECM replacement a one-time-only deal? Another words, do I have to discard this TDM after attempting and failing to accept the ignition lock cylinder key???

Comment

• Witsend
                    Banned
                    • Nov 2012

Thanks for the tip Wit. I did have some additional keys on the key ring. I am going to have to buy another SPS session and reattempt. Next question, is TDM reflash after an ECM replacement a one-time-only deal? Another words, do I have to discard this TDM after attempting and failing to accept the ignition lock cylinder key???
                    10-13-2017 07:40 PM
                    If you have established communication. Doubt you always need to replace the TDM, maybe just make sure the old keys are cleared from memory (because there is a maximum amount of keys. Double check the new key blanks are indeed correct and got the right type of chip for your application and if the TDM is at fault that you be able to source a new TDM locally and try again before your second sub expires .Good luck
                    Last edited by Witsend; 10-15-2017, 07:05 AM.

Comment

• ToltecasChavez
                      • Apr 2011

You can reflash any module as many times as you like. You just have to choose the correct option when reflashing. If you choose the incorrect one it will give you an error of "Software is the same" Or something like that. Choose the other option and it will just say that GM doesn't recommend you reflashing a module with the same software many times. Except antitheft, that one will never give u an error like that. Good luck!!!

Comment

• Matt
                        • Dec 2008

Good to know! I thought maybe once I flashed it I may have lost my chance. I will revisit this truck in a few days. The customer is not in a hurry for it and I have more urgent jobs right now. I will post results when I get them. Thank you.

Comment

• Witsend
                          Banned
                          • Nov 2012

You might want to revisit and feed that poor truck's battery with a nice slow battery charge before the Final attempt. Go Cubs Go

Comment

• bestdamgarage
                            • Apr 2016

Originally posted by Witsend
                            You might want to revisit and feed that poor truck's battery with a nice slow battery charge before the Final attempt. Go Cubs Go
                            also dont have battery charger on it while trying to flash unless you have one of those constant power chargers i just charge battery good and put a fully charged jump pack on it

Comment

• Matt
                              • Dec 2008

Ok, I bought another SPS session and attempted 10 minute relearn and still theft deterrent light stays illuminated. B3031 and B3935 still remain in TDM.. All additional keys and key chain removed from master key, battery charger is Snap-on EEBC500 with flash specific mode engaged.

Comment

• greasybob
                                • May 2008

The B3031 code will remain until a successful relearn is performed. The B3935 is bit trickier. I've only encountered this code when trying to install a used TDM. I used to think it was a problem created by the Pass Thru Pro. I don't understand why you would have gotten it with a NEW PCM ? The only cure that I've ever come up with was to get a new Theft Deterrent Module. I would check all the TDM data to make sure it is recognizing the KEY as a PK3 key. And check the DATA to see how many if any keys have been programmed to it. You could also try a new blank PK3 key that has not been previously programmed to the vehicle. I'm not sure why this code comes up, the code definition does not seem to fit it. It's almost as if the TDM gets confused trying to match a learned key to different PCM than it was previously matched to.

Comment

Working...