Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • brian0043
    • Jul 2010

PID list

Does anyone know where I can get a full list of supported PIDS that are on the Modis Heavy Duty software , I dont want to get it If it doesnt have all the main PIDS I want. Also will it perform cyl. contribution and cutout tests/inj solenoid tests . Should I get it , my dealer doesnt have these answers. I work on alot of Cat and INT. engines and hope this will help. Will it do each wheel speed sensor? I need this info before I drop 1700 bucks
  • Joe Rappa
    Snap-on DSD
    • Aug 2007

the Modis complies with HD SAE Standards J1708/J1587. The PID coverage is different from Engine to Engine. The coverage on engines is pretty good. the rest of it, ABS, Trans, Instrument Cluster, is pretty sparse.
    There are no bidirectional controls as part of HD Standard. So, no. the Modis can't do them.
    There is also a new HD Standard for 2010 Model Year. Modis won't be doing it, and there are no plans to do so.

If you work on a lot of trucks, get a truck scanner. The NEXIQ IQ is pretty darn cool. Talk to your Dealer about that. It's available a lot of different ways, so make sure you know what you're getting. That way you won't have any regrets.

Joe
    "You don't build a reputation on what you're going to do"
    Henry Ford

Comment

• eddie8
      • Mar 2008

I have the HD Modis and as Joe stated it all depends on the vehicle.It has got me by ok. It is much stronger on engine data than the other modules it communicates with. Hope this helps.
      Edwin Hazzard
      Southeast Mobile Tech

Comment

Working...