Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dbarnes5654
    • Apr 2007

Verdict and SSC

I've just purchased a Verdict and would like to know if it is possible to connect to SSC? If not, is it because the verdict is able to connect to the web? Would I have to download SSC and run it on the Verdict? I've tried to copy files to a thumb drive but see no way to do this. I've also noticed there is no Verdict or Verus file headings on SSC. How would I be able to transfer files from the Verdict to my computer?

Any advice will be appreciated'
    Don
  • dbarnes5654
    • Apr 2007

No help? No advice? Nothing? Please help!

Comment

• Rich Shepherd
      Snap-on D&I
      • Nov 2006

Originally posted by dbarnes5654
      I've just purchased a Verdict and would like to know if it is possible to connect to SSC? If not, is it because the verdict is able to connect to the web? Would I have to download SSC and run it on the Verdict? I've tried to copy files to a thumb drive but see no way to do this. I've also noticed there is no Verdict or Verus file headings on SSC. How would I be able to transfer files from the Verdict to my computer?

Any advice will be appreciated'
      Don
      You treat the Verdict as you would any other computer in this respect.
      If you want to transfer files from the Verdict to another pc, copy them from the Verdict to a USB stick and then to the PC that has SSC.

The files on the Verdict can be found in C:\Documents and Settings\VerdictUser\My Documents\ShopStream. There are several folders here that have scanner, scope, and screenshots

The default location for SSC files on the PC is C:\ShopStream.
      SSC when installed creates folders for all non Win XP tools on install by default (Modis, Solus Vantage Pro, Solus Ultra, Ethos, etc).

I typically make shortcuts on the desktop of the Verus and Verdict units I use for the folders I access regularly including the above locations. That way I can get to those locations quickly every time.

If you find that you are accumulating more shortcuts on the desktop than you want to see, you can create a folder called "Shortcuts", then move all your shortcuts to that folder. 2 quick double clicks and you can get to any folder location you need to access. That is just what works good for me so you will have to see what works best for you.

Comment

• dbarnes5654
        • Apr 2007

Thank You Rich.

Don

Comment

• Bob's Garage
          • Nov 2007

Put SSC on your Verdict

A lot of us install SSC on the Verdict/Verus platforms. SSC is officially not supported on those tools but seems to work well with the XP Embedded OS. I prefer SSC over Atlas Data Viewer. The Atlas scope viewer is essentially the same as the one in SSC.
          Good Luck, Bob

Comment

• dbarnes5654
            • Apr 2007

Thank you Bob. I've been thinking about trying to install SSC on my Verdict, now I will. I haven't been having any luck transfering files to SSC on my laptop yet but will still keep on trying. I'd perfer to store captures on my laptop and not clutter the Verdict.

Thanks again,
            Don

Comment

Working...