Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • eddiesverus
    • Dec 2008

PS keys

PS keys? why not just get rid of them they are a hassle to use and easy to loose, Come on SnapOn when will you come up with keyless cable...
    Hard Work, commitment, Honesty and not giving up is what Makes us better Tech's

Comment

• crackerclicker
      • May 2008

keyless and inexpensive at the same time please!!

Comment

• Steve6911
        • Feb 2007

Well, I'm sure SnapOn is working on this. It is not a new topic here, but to rehash what has been said before - it would be nice to have BUT it would have to be right! OTC has had MANY problems with their Smart box! One big one is the on 2001 - 2003 Toyota Camry's (and maybe other years and models) when you go to read codes it clears them!!! Their tech line told me they had never heard of this problem before even after it was all over iAtn. It took about a year to correct this even with their "Free" on line updates. SnapOn does listen to us here on these forums as you can see by what is in the updates in the past few years. But give them time to get things right or the next set of posts will be how their new software screwed things up!

Steve

Comment

• Crusty
          • Dec 2007

Originally posted by Steve6911
          Well, I'm sure SnapOn is working on this. It is not a new topic here, but to rehash what has been said before - it would be nice to have BUT it would have to be right! OTC has had MANY problems with their Smart box! One big one is the on 2001 - 2003 Toyota Camry's (and maybe other years and models) when you go to read codes it clears them!!! Their tech line told me they had never heard of this problem before even after it was all over iAtn. It took about a year to correct this even with their "Free" on line updates. SnapOn does listen to us here on these forums as you can see by what is in the updates in the past few years. But give them time to get things right or the next set of posts will be how their new software screwed things up!

Steve
          Naaaaaaw.... new software doesn't screw things up-!!! ROFLMAO
          It CAN'T..... things are already screwed up-!!!
          Their tech line has had the same training as the snappy tech line-!!!
          I agree, get rid of them, BUT... make sure the rest of the software is correct FIRST-!! THEN move on to "new and improved", but that's another subject...

Comment

• estudiante25
            • Dec 2009

for new student

Hello to all this is my first message for all thouse guy who use or work with snap on scan tools. I am new using this scanner wich is solus pro I have never used in my life and I want to become a master using this scanner since I am new in the automobile industry I need of your help guys need to know if there is any school in sacramento ca. area were I can sing up for clases. I have seen all this videos on snap on training but for me it is not enough I have problems reading graphics especialy if there is any master out there who can give any advice were to start I really preciate. I have the solus pro well is my brother's when he is not home I use it. but by the time I learn to use it I will buy my own brand new. any tips, advices,web pages books are wellcome thanks alot guys

Comment

• chaskuss
              • Dec 2009

Not exactly

Originally posted by hefaus
              snipped The K Keys are for US and Asian. The One thing That I do Know is I have all the keys needed for who knows What. LoL. The S keys are for Euro I believe. If You Don't Have Euro Installed you wont need the S keys at all
              Not always. Yesterday I tried to scan a 2003 Grand Caravan. I have the old MT2500 brick with the 7.2 software. It requested I use the K-25 key & OBD II adapter. I do not yet own a K25 key. It said that the ML-16 adapter [usually used on European vehicles] would work with the S-44 key.
              Remember that the keys basic job is to switch the wiring around to obtain proper communication match between your scanner and the vehicle's PCM. In this case, there was more than one way to achieve my objective. Just an FYI.
              Charlie

Comment

• hefaus
                • Dec 2007

Keys

Originally posted by chaskuss
                Not always. Yesterday I tried to scan a 2003 Grand Caravan. I have the old MT2500 brick with the 7.2 software. It requested I use the K-25 key & OBD II adapter. I do not yet own a K25 key. It said that the ML-16 adapter [usually used on European vehicles] would work with the S-44 key.
                Remember that the keys basic job is to switch the wiring around to obtain proper communication match between your scanner and the vehicle's PCM. In this case, there was more than one way to achieve my objective. Just an FYI.
                Charlie
                That's why you need the keys that SO requires you to use. If You want To play with SO you have to pay and that requires buying Keys as well, lot's of them..lol. Enjoy. Happy New Year's to all. Keep Smiling

Comment

• Joe Rappa
                  Snap-on DSD
                  • Aug 2007

Originally posted by hefaus
                  That's why you need the keys that SO requires you to use. If You want To play with SO you have to pay and that requires buying Keys as well, lot's of them..lol. Enjoy. Happy New Year's to all. Keep Smiling

If you prefer buying candi modules, and the like, for $1000.00 instead, there are several other scanner companies that will accomodate you! :-)

There isn't a less expensive method out there today.

Joe
                  "You don't build a reputation on what you're going to do"
                  Henry Ford

Comment

Working...