Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ToltecasChavez
    • Apr 2011

Chrysler Free No More????

So a chrysler dealer I order from has always given me the key code and PIN whenever I purchased a PCM or even keys, since I know how to program them. But the other day I wanted to purchase a key and was told chrysler won't let dealers give out codes anymore. He said that from now on, they only have access to 10 pin codes per day and they can only request them with a valid reason. Anyone heard of this? Is this true? It was about 2 weeks ago. Thanks. Sad if it's true. He said even if customer comes in and asks for it, they won't give it to them anymore as well.
  • tech25
    • Oct 2017

FCA group as far as i know are the only ones being d*** about their cars and their modules.

they are introducing cybersecurity into their cars globally

they are adding a SGW module ( security gateway module ) between the obd port and the can lines to prevent scan tools from doing active diagnosis or anything really, only reading codes. not even clearing codes will be allowed.

this is true even for the factory tools!! and the tech will have to login in and provide a password, then the SGW module will allow flashing, ect to these modules but only for 8 hours, then will have to login again.

here you can see the network layout on FCA powernet structure..
    Attached Files

Comment

• Witsend
      Banned
      • Nov 2012

Seems like FCA should be in Gross violation of Right to Repair .I can only see this as being legal while the car is still within the factory bumper to bumper warranty while the dealer fixes the cr@p for free that usually starts to Cr@p out already while still under bumper to bumper warranty. All those Draconian security measures should cease and turn off at 3years or 36 K mark , whatever comes first, unless the owner of the car is some stupid Chump and insists all his repairs be done at the dealer level and wants all the security measures left on so Gangbanger LeRoy can pull out a gun and jump in front of car , and his car auto brakes in the nick of time , and Leroy car jacks him at a stop light instead of all the work heisting it from the parking lot without the owner knowing.

Comment

• tech25
        • Oct 2017

Originally posted by Witsend
        Seems like FCA should be in Gross violation of Right to Repair .I can only see this as being legal while the car is still within the factory bumper to bumper warranty while the dealer fixes the cr@p for free that usually starts to out Cr@p out already while still under bumper to bumper warranty. All those Draconian security measures should cease and turn off at 3years or 36 K mark , whatever comes first, unless the owner of the car is some stupid Chump and insists all his repairs be done at the dealer level and wants all the security measures left on so Gangbanger LeRoy can pull out a gun and jump in front of car , and his car auto brakes in the nick of time , and Leroy car jacks him at a stop light instead of all the work heisting it from the parking lot without the owner knowing.
        Agree, im not sure how this is ok with right to repair, but somehow they are doing it..

Comment

• greasybob
          • May 2008

The Badge in the screen shot is Ferrari ? Is this security gateway going to trickle down to all FCA brands ?

Comment

• tech25
            • Oct 2017

The badge is a Maserati, Ferrari is still able to stay separate from Fca for now, they use a Florence system.

But as far as I know, fca will have this in their cars globally mid 2018 and onwards, keep this in mind if you run into one of these cars and can't do anything with modules on the I-can

Comment

• Witsend
              Banned
              • Nov 2012

The badge is a Maserati, Ferrari is still able to stay separate from Fca for now, they use a Florence system.

But as far as I know, fca will have this in their cars globally mid 2018 and onwards, keep this in mind if you run into one of these cars and can't do anything with modules on the I-can
              WTF is the Florence System? , some sort of On Star guidance system for Gondoliers in Venice ?

Comment

• tech25
                • Oct 2017

LOL. Close.....
                its a network system designed by Fiat..
                there was first Venice - ( VEhicle Network with Integrated Control Electronics )

no Ferrari used Venice.

then Venicel plus, or miniFlorence. the Ferrari Enzo used this.

then Full Florence - ( Fiat Luxury car ORiented Network Control Electronics )

from the 612 and on Ferrari has used this system.

interesting fact. the first car from the fiat group to use Florence was the
                Lancia Thesis ( model 841 ) in 2001

Comment

• Ruston11
                  • Feb 2015

skim code

about a year ago our dealer started to do this. Really is a pain. I bought a dmax and another tool to pull skim codes to be able to continue with my usual services.

Comment

• ToltecasChavez
                    • Apr 2011

Glad to hear it's not just me and someone else can confirm. I also got the DMax a while ago. Very useful tool. New cars, no good, but anything that doesn't have rolling codes. Best thing to get. Can you tell me what other tool u have to pull codes? Thanks

Comment

• Witsend
                      Banned
                      • Nov 2012

about a year ago our dealer started to do this. Really is a pain. I bought a dmax and another tool to pull skim codes to be able to continue with my usual services.
                      Seems like after the bumper to bumper warranties are expired, FCA is likely going to have to deal with a huge class action lawsuit and have to recall all the cars, pay huge tow bills and have all the Security Gateway Modules with the Draconian measures either reflashed or replaced so all their POS cars can be accessed and worked on by Gomer and Guido like they used to be (often on the side of the road)

Comment

• Dtnel
                        • Feb 2017

Originally posted by Ruston11

Stumbled upon this thread and was curious as to what tool is available as I'd like to have if I need it.

You can pm me if you don't want to post it here. It's good to have the right tool at the right time rather than having to buy one unexpectedly and pay thru the nose because you need it then.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...