Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • David Green
    • Oct 2009

Vantage Pro

I am speaking after the horse has bolted really, but the recording facility in the VP is a pain in the neck everytime the files are moved from the CF1 card:

There are some files which are put onto the CF1 card by Snap On to help the user understand how things work, but everytimes are recorded the locked files are moved with other files, therefore taking up valuable space

May be next update for the VP snap on could change this setting so the files don't load everytime onto the computer when moving files

David
  • No-Start
    • Oct 2006

Why not just purchase another CF card and use slot 2?

No-Start.

Comment

• David Green
      • Oct 2009

Originally posted by No-Start
      Why not just purchase another CF card and use slot 2?

No-Start.
      Thank was the first thing I did when I purchased the VP. The problem is that even if you save to CF2 the locked files 'appear' on it and you can't delete them. So if you had 10 Cf cards the locked files appear on them all

David

Comment

• Rich Shepherd
        Snap-on D&I
        • Nov 2006

Originally posted by David Green
        Thank was the first thing I did when I purchased the VP. The problem is that even if you save to CF2 the locked files 'appear' on it and you can't delete them. So if you had 10 Cf cards the locked files appear on them all

David
        If you save files to CF2, when you go to Data Management or Presets to view the files you have saved, The files you have saved to CF2 will be displayed as you expect.
        The factory Presets and Demo files will also be displayed, but they are not on CF2.
        When Viewing files from CF2, the V Pro also looks to CF1 and appends the factory files from it to the list displayed for CF2.
        The factory files while appearing in the list of files from CF2 are not actually on CF2, they are on CF1.
        That being the case, every time you view files from CF2, you will also see the factory files from CF1. Since the factory files you see are actually on CF1, they are not taking up valuable space on CF2.
        If viewing files on CF1 and select a factory Preset or Demo file to move to CF2, a message will be displayed that states that factory files cannot be moved.
        If you plug your data CF used in CF2 into a CF reader attached to a PC and view the files on it, you will see that the factory demo files and presets are not on it.
        Why does it do this? It was in response to customer requests to be able to see the factory presets at all times even when viewing their files on CF2.

Comment

Working...