Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • protraxrptr17
    • Aug 2010

Write vin to ecm

I reflashed a 2004 Dodge truck with a diesel engine. I now need to write the vin to the ecm. Don't see it in system tests where it is supposed to be. Dealer wants $100 to do it for me. Please don't tell me that I have spent all this money to enable me to reflash these trucks and still have to go to the dealer and pay the same price as a reflash.
  • Earl Davis
    • Jan 2009

You should not need to enter the vin after a reflash, only if a new module was installed.

What software version are you using?

I have one of these trucks in the shop now and i will check and see if this function is in my tool.

Earl

Comment

• protraxrptr17
      • Aug 2010

Yeah, it says you have to do it right there on the techauthority website.(which is a pain in itself)

Comment

• Orevin
        • Aug 2010

What tool did you use to perform the reflash? Some J2534 devices can write the VIN and mileage on Mopar vehicles.
        -Kai-
        Chicago, IL

Comment

• protraxrptr17
          • Aug 2010

Pass thru pro II. Oh how I hope you are right. How do I do it?

Comment

• Earl Davis
            • Jan 2009

If you go to the link below and download the J2534 toolbox you should be able to enter the vin.

I was not able to enter the vin with the verus on the truck I have either.

If you go to generic functions and leave the K-25 chip in when the scanner tells you to change to K-20 you can go to mode $09 and read the vin. If the vin is there you do not need to add it as directed by Tech Authority.

Earl

Comment

• protraxrptr17
              • Aug 2010

Didn't work. Went ahead and took it to the dealer. Luckily the service manager was out to lunch and one of my old friends from high school works as a tech there. He hooked me up for free. They owed me because I have done favors for the owner before. Plus, I buy a ton of parts there.

Comment

Working...