Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ToltecasChavez
    • Apr 2011

Programming/Flashing News Website???

Anyone know a good website that is up to date with programming/flashing news? I go to nastf.org but their news page isn't updated as much. Like Fords new programming software isn't even mentioned there. Anyone? Thanks!
  • Steve6911
    • Feb 2007

Best way is to go to the Manufacturers site. Here is the Ford site from the NASTF link

So it is there just have to look around a bit

Comment

• Witsend
      Banned
      • Nov 2012

Anyone know a good website that is up to date with programming/flashing news? I go to nastf.org but their news page isn't updated as much. Like Fords new programming software isn't even mentioned there. Anyone? Thanks!
      I think if you are able to Cobble 3 CarDaq Ms together and can Flash all the modules in under 20 seconds, I believe it's called Streaking.
      Last edited by Witsend; 10-17-2017, 01:50 PM.

Comment

• ToltecasChavez
        • Apr 2011

Good to know. Thanks guys

Comment

• Witsend
          Banned
          • Nov 2012

Kind of would be nice if all J2534 requirements for the OE would be that they would have to keep up pace with becoming compatible with the current latest popular OS and becoming fully compatible within 2 years of the introduction date of the latest OS and that the OE manufacturers now have to get more universalized and fully Validate their programming software with NASTF and that any 3rd party J2534 device meeting a minimum hardware level would be still be able to work funneling the ones and zeros just fine and not be black listed, sabotaged, or denied the ability to download files because they don't like a Jbox manufacturer, or it is expected to pay before it can play or has unresolved copyright, licensing issues or lawsuits pending with the OE manufacturer.
          Also be nice to be able to actually pretest your J2534 device off your PC with a NASTF simulator program for a $10 donation where you down load the file to your PC and it checks integrity of the down load after , then you Use your Jbox with usb cable off your PC to Jbox with serial cable to USB to write file to a SD card in a USB card reader , then you verify integrity of the transferred SD card file.Beats paying OE for a subscription and having their program actually prevent you from using brand X J2534 tool because the Xbrand manufacturer didn't want to pay to play to be on the guest list of Jtools it will selectively allow to work. That is BS and wrong.
          Last edited by Witsend; 10-18-2017, 10:55 AM.

Comment

• Crusty
            • Dec 2007

All kinds of industries have universal standards that everyone has to play within.... NOT this industry-!!
            OBD-II and J2534-?? There is STILL no standardization. OBD and J2534 only scratches the surface of module connectivity.
            As for "connectivity" goes... play all you want with "features" but standardize the vehicle fundamental operations such as crank, fire, start, run, headlights work, turn signals work, brake lights work, wipers work, defrosters work.
            MAKE THE HORSELESS CARRIAGE GO FROM A TO B.
            If it can't do THAT, I'd rather be sitting in the living room watching the ball game-!!!

Comment

Working...