Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • greasybob
    • May 2008

No More FMP

Ford FMP has been discontinued, it's FJDS now. Give your self about an hour to register, download and install the new program. It's $50 for 2 days now not $ 30. When you purchase your license save a copy of your receipt, you'll need the 20 digit number to activate the software. It looks like there will be updates about every 3 weeks. You'll have to download and install the first update just to get started. The functionality seems about the same as FMP, at least for the pre 2018 vehicles.
    Last edited by greasybob; 10-11-2017, 04:22 AM.
  • Joe Rappa
    Snap-on DSD
    • Aug 2007

Good info.
    Thanks for the tip.
    Joe
    "You don't build a reputation on what you're going to do"
    Henry Ford

Comment

• Matt
      • Dec 2008

Thanks Bob. Any idea if it's more effective (better) than FMP?? By better I mean easier to navigate?

Comment

• Superflash007
        • Oct 2011

JFMP

JFMP is Ford's answer to R2R. Since the OEMs are only required to make dealer level diagnostics and programming available as of 1 January 2018, Ford's JFMP is FMP from 1996-2017 and IDS for 2018 and later. Since they are sitting on a bunch of Bosch made VCM IIs, they were not going to let a J-tool run IDS from 1996-2017. They have however lowered the price of the VCM II to $1099 now. Both IDS and JFMP are now the same price annually. IDS is still only sold on as a yearly subscription, not short term subs.
        Mazda is also doing the same thing.

Comment

• Witsend
          Banned
          • Nov 2012

FJDS System Minimum and recommended requirements

Seems like more BS on top of BS to me that now you can use Windows 10 Pro 64 but Recommended to use a Laptop running an I-5 or I-7 processor, can't use Microsoft Edge , and you need to run Internet Explorer 11 in 32 bit form on your 64 bit PC.
          The minimum requirements also show a I-5 or I-7 dual core requirement, and I don't even think they were around yet when 32 bit windows 7 was around. Correct me if I'm wrong , but I thought an I-3, I-5, and I-7 processors are all quad core processors, not dual core What's wrong with using I-3 laptops that blow the processing doors off any module found in a Ford Product
          I bought a new I-3 Windows 10 Pro laptop last year with 2.3 GHZ, 6100 and Ram is 12GB, and I plan to use that Turd and a Chinaman j box for the least amount of subscriptions bought as possible for what I can't ram through with a Chinaman Tablet

Last edited by Witsend; 02-04-2018, 08:00 AM.

Comment

Working...