Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sledfreek76
    • Jun 2012

Modis Edge, strange behavior....

Anyone have their Modis Edge do this? While scanning a 2004 Chevrolet 2500HD Duramax with an obvious buss comm issue. (Instrument cluster gauges and warning lights are on/off sporadically.) Along with no communication from PCM and Transmission controller.
    The problem, the gathered current codes and history codes from the Instrument cluster will appear and disappear, in count, and rearrange their order. Even with the key off....
    I tried 2 other Modis Edge tools our shop has with the same results.
    The pickup runs good btw, and power/ground at dlc good. The data line is being shorted out? As soon as I disconnected the ABS controller, the buss straightened up and the inst cluster has no history codes...
    I called Snap On during this fun time, and was told its not normal behavior... They took the VIN and said they will investigate it.
    Anyone have any ideas?
  • sbreland73
    • Jan 2009

What you are seeing is normal with a vehicle that has intermittent Comm issues. Even with the Key off, some modules are still "awake" and transmitting data.
    S. Breland

Comment

• Witsend
      Banned
      • Nov 2012

Anyone have their Modis Edge do this? While scanning a 2004 Chevrolet 2500HD Duramax with an obvious buss comm issue. (Instrument cluster gauges and warning lights are on/off sporadically.) Along with no communication from PCM and Transmission controller.
      The problem, the gathered current codes and history codes from the Instrument cluster will appear and disappear, in count, and rearrange their order. Even with the key off....
      I tried 2 other Modis Edge tools our shop has with the same results.
      The pickup runs good btw, and power/ground at dlc good. The data line is being shorted out? As soon as I disconnected the ABS controller, the buss straightened up and the inst cluster has no history codes...
      I called Snap On during this fun time, and was told its not normal behavior... They took the VIN and said they will investigate it.
      Anyone have any ideas?