Comparing 14.4 and Maxisys Capabilities

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DonWright
    • Mar 2015

If a guy showed up in your shop with a pickup full of stolen tools would you buy them?
    I look at this autel thing as i do with every other thing China steals or copies and then mass produces cheaply hiding behind the "Great Wall." Forget its a automotive scanner,their stealing American goods and then re-selling them. It pisses me off.China does it with everything. And then what do we do as Americans?? Buy it as fast as their slave drivers over their can make it. Sometimes I think we are our own worst enemy. Ask yourself what your dad or grand dad would do?
    I'll get off my soap box now. Just don't buy that Chinese garbage wth??

Comment

• Witsend
      Banned
      • Nov 2012

I don't feel sorry one bit for the OE maker's software being copied by the Chinaman, I think most of the OE's that pushed NAFTA down USA worker's throats are even screwing low paid Mexicans, and now outsourcing their jobs and building cars in China and stealing the labor out of slave labor paid factory workers. That amounts to Tit for Tech, and the The OE screws us in the aftermarket trying to fix beaters with used PCMs and modules that are no longer hot swappable items without jumping through hoops with big reprogramming expenses. I bet a lot of parts inside Snap On Scanners come from the same God forsaken places that make the Chinese scanners,.
      Bi Directional controls will only work if they receive the exact specific OE coding to perform the specific command, there is no other way around it but to copy the exact OE coding to be able to actuate the commands in order for an aftermarket scanner to work . Just change the appearance and order of the menu formats , order and wording like a term paper as not to appear plagiarized I would guess. I don't give a Hoot if Autel is in getting sued for displaying a Ford Logo or mirroring IDS too much , they're building cars in China exploiting cheap labor , so that the cost of Tit for Tech. Snap On Scanners will continue to do well with Scanners Like Harley Davidson did with American motorcycles if they don't rest on their Laurels and fill lots of software holes before our Soft tails reach too many.
      Last edited by Witsend; 03-02-2015, 04:38 PM.

Comment

• pmcpherson
        • Jan 2014

the lawsuit claim that they used the blue oval logo without permission ok WOW what a big crime ?????????? ok take out the blue oval and just have a box that says ford!!!! problem solved!

Comment

• sbreland73
          • Jan 2009

Originally posted by pmcpherson
          the lawsuit claim that they used the blue oval logo without permission ok WOW what a big crime ?????????? ok take out the blue oval and just have a box that says ford!!!! problem solved!

A bit more to the story than the blue oval. Search the net and you will see much like this:

S. Breland

Comment

Working...