X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DougMontgomery
    • Jul 2007

Just bought a Vantage Pro....

Hello forum members,

I just purchased a used Vantage Pro and would like to know what updates (firmware/OS/software), I should look for?

Thanks in advance
  • Witsend
    Banned
    • Nov 2012

Not sure what the updates cost but 15.4 is the latest update.
    If I didn't already have a whopping $700 tied up in my Counselor 2, COP adapter kit, and high and low amp probes for it , I likely would buy this ..

Comment

• DougMontgomery
      • Jul 2007

Update is like $440. Not sure if I'll buy the 15.4 or wait.
      How about OS or firmware updates?

I paid $500 for my Vantage Pro, with v12.4 SW and like new condition.

Comment

• Witsend
        Banned
        • Nov 2012

$550 is an awesome deal. 12.4 is still new enough to cover you for 85% of what comes in the door, and what comes in the door will require the use of the scope less than 30% of the time .

Comment

• Joe Rappa
          Snap-on DSD
          • Aug 2007

Originally posted by DougMontgomery
          How about OS or firmware updates?
          The OS is Windows CE, so there are no updates. I don't think there is a patch for it, but it's easy to check for yourself. Connect it to Shopstream Connect while you have an internet connection. You'll know in a few moments if it lists one.

Joe
          "You don't build a reputation on what you're going to do"
          Henry Ford

Comment

• DougMontgomery
            • Jul 2007

Thanks Joe ...should have it by next week.

Comment

• crackerclicker
              • May 2008

Hi Doug,

Someone with your skill set likely won't be needing an update any time soon, but you never know when those darn Vantage circuit pinouts will come in handy.

Comment

• DougMontgomery
                • Jul 2007

LOL, thanks....I'm going to hold off on the updates for now. I only bought this cause:

1. I love my legacy Vantage (on my second one). It's the best all around tester for electronics on a vehicle.

2. I liked the idea of the capabilities of my legacy vantage and a scope in a single package (although I have the newest 4000 series Pico and the new Autel MP408 4 channel scope)

3. It was used, did not pay full price..got a good deal...so..worth it

4. Lastly, its about the same size as my Autel Maxisys, so it fits in my diagnostic EDC bag perfectly

Comment

• VictorsAutoCare
                  • Apr 2016

Your best bet when buying used Snap-On diagnostic equipment is to get one with the latest update possible, because if you get one way out of date once you update it all that money you saved on buying the tool used you just spent on the update. My vantage pro i got for $900 a couple years ago came with 12.4 and it has component tester up to 2011 i believe, which is fine for most of what i work on.

Comment

Working...