Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hollis!@
    • Mar 2015

Mazda key programing

Can The pass thru pro 2 program keys for mazda if I pay for subscription on mazda site . Didn't know if it's thru ecm or something else. Gm tech do wanted to ask before I paid and found out I can't do it.

2009 I think mazda 6. Showing up tomorrow on hook.
  • Tech10
    • Mar 2008

I believe you should be able to do it with a subscription to Mazda. You will need incodes to gain access to the security functions. Then just choose which function you need to perform. What is the reason to need to program keys?
    Attached Files

Comment

• Hollis!@
      • Mar 2015

Not 100% sure but customer says key is broken. I don't have car here yet just trying to do homework before it shows up today. But I assume if its like a ford I will need 2 keys and I don't think she has two keys. But should be able to get two keys and program if we wipe other keys out ?

Not sure like I said GM tech so ours is little different but have had keys done for fords in past.

Comment

• Hollis!@
        • Mar 2015

I can get incodes from site or have to call Dealer?

Comment

• Tech10
          • Mar 2008

Yes it is the same as Ford, difference is incode/incodes needed to gain security access instead of a 10 min wait. "Ignition Key Code Erase and Program" is what you need to do just make sure you have all keys with you to program them all.
          Attached Files

Comment

• Hollis!@
            • Mar 2015

Ok thank u for your help.

Comment

• Tech10
              • Mar 2008

I sent you a PM.

Comment

• Tech10
                • Mar 2008

Be sure to confirm with Drewtech that your PassThruPro2 will be able to access secuirty functions and program keys with a sub from Madza. I am not sure since I used OEM tooling for Mazda but I believe you should be able to do it.

Comment

• ToltecasChavez
                  • Apr 2011

Back in the day, not sure if it still true today, you could use the ford program and connect to mazda's as well. You didn't need to get the mazda program. Same with IDS, that's still true to this day with IDS. Not sure why they have 2 programs when both worked. Anyway, codes can be gotten for free online as long as it's older models before 2010. Anything newer, I have no idea, never tried one yet. Once you input codes, screen will change to erase all keys, you need 2 keys to program just like ford. That's it. Good Luck!

Comment

• Glide
                    • Jan 2015

Originally posted by ToltecasChavez
                    Back in the day, not sure if it still true today, you could use the ford program and connect to mazda's as well. You didn't need to get the mazda program. Same with IDS, that's still true
                    As long as there is a Ford equivalent.Mazda3 for example can't be programmed with IDS.

Comment

• SnapOnKid
                      • Jan 2011

Originally posted by ToltecasChavez
                      Back in the day, not sure if it still true today, you could use the ford program and connect to mazda's as well. You didn't need to get the mazda program. Same with IDS, that's still true to this day with IDS. Not sure why they have 2 programs when both worked. Anyway, codes can be gotten for free online as long as it's older models before 2010. Anything newer, I have no idea, never tried one yet. Once you input codes, screen will change to erase all keys, you need 2 keys to program just like ford. That's it. Good Luck!
                      Mazda and Ford had a joint venture for many years. In the Past few years there was a falling out when Mazda started using their own engine design's and relying less on Ford. As a result Ford pulled access on the newer stuff. I believe they even sold off some of their shares in the company.

Comment

• Hollis!@
                        • Mar 2015

Got both keys programmed. Thanks for help.

Now can I program the remotes?

Comment

• ToltecasChavez
                          • Apr 2011

As long as it's not a smart key and the keys as turn style type with remote integrated, you can program the remote part separately without needing a tool. Go to programyourremote website and look for the instructions there. Glad you got it sorted out and programmed the anti-theft. Good luck!!!!

Comment

Working...