Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kvr901
    • May 2010

.spm file conversion

Reading through the ShopStream Connect manual I see there are two file formats .bmp (bit maps), and .spm (snap-on movies).

How can one convert an spm file to an avi or other Windows compatible video file that can be viewed by Media Player or other similar applications?
  • Joe Rappa
    Snap-on DSD
    • Aug 2007

There isn't a way to do that that I'm aware of.
    BMPs are just pics, and not movies. However, you should be able to view saved Vantage-Pro movies on your VP, or with Shopstream Connect. I believe those files are LSM files (Lab Scope Movies).

Joe
    "You don't build a reputation on what you're going to do"
    Henry Ford

Comment

• kvr901
      • May 2010

Originally posted by Joe Rappa
      There isn't a way to do that that I'm aware of.
      BMPs are just pics, and not movies. However, you should be able to view saved Vantage-Pro movies on your VP, or with Shopstream Connect. I believe those files are LSM files (Lab Scope Movies).
      Yeah, .bmp's are just bit map pictures. Jpegs would be better, but that's another topic.

Regarding "movies". I would like to be able to send movies to friends (such as electrical engineers, etc) that don't have Shopstream Connect and don't want Shopstream Connect.

Does Snap-On have a file export/conversion tool or "add-on" that can export movies to a format that can be read by Windows Media Player, Apple Quicktime, or any other such universally available media viewer?

Comment

• Steve6911
        • Feb 2007

There are programs that will record everything that is on the screen with voice (if you want it). BUT it will only work on Windows based Tools such as the Verus. I use Camtasia Studio for this, there are freeware programs that will work also. Not sure how well it would work on a MODIS. It makes AVI videos. For the MT2500 I think you are out of luck.

Steve

Comment

• Bob's Garage
          • Nov 2007

SSC program

Hi kvr,

For now could your electrical engineer friend download Shopstream Connect? I bet he would think it's a cool program. It doesn't take up much room on a hard drive either.

I think that he would benefit from all the tools that are part of the SSC program.

Bob

Comment

• kvr901
            • May 2010

I don't think I should have to bother people I send VP "movies" to download and install Shopstream Connect.

At the very *least* Snap-On could include a runtime viewer, or a free web access viewer for those without SSC. Notice I said "very least". An export function would be better. Even Micro$oft includes file conversion utilities with their applications.

Open-source software!

Comment

Working...