Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • komobu
    • Feb 2009

Vantage Pro Training Materials

I just picked up a vantage pro with version 8.4 I am looking for training materials to help me get the most out of it. I already took the level 1 and 2 on the snap on site. If you have any used training materials / dvds that you dont use anymore, I am willing to purchase them. If you know of any websites with vp training info please post. Also, I am very receptive if you could recommend some materials.

I have the AES Mastering the Domestics with your Modis and that is pretty good, but times are tight and I hate to spend 125 for a book on the VP if I can find it used. I can probably figure it out with enough time and the modis and the vp are pretty similar.

Thanks for any sugestions
  • David Green
    • Oct 2009

When I purchased the VP I was told by Snap On that it was a component test meter (scope), which was also built into the Modis. Prior to buying the VP I purchased the SC, and although both good at one they do I could have saved some funds by buying the Modis, both as a unit and with software updates, so unless you made the same mistake as me, why does one need both pieces of kit?

David

Comment

• komobu
      • Feb 2009

Hi Dave;

The VP is not as good as the modis. The modis is a 4 channel scope and the VP is only 2 channel.

In my case, the shop owns the modis but I can use it whenever I want. A guy here was selling his vantage pro and he made me such a good deal, that I had to buy it.

Comment

• hefaus
        • Dec 2007

Training material

Originally posted by komobu
        I just picked up a vantage pro with version 8.4 I am looking for training materials to help me get the most out of it. I already took the level 1 and 2 on the snap on site. If you have any used training materials / dvds that you dont use anymore, I am willing to purchase them. If you know of any websites with vp training info please post. Also, I am very receptive if you could recommend some materials.

I have the AES Mastering the Domestics with your Modis and that is pretty good, but times are tight and I hate to spend 125 for a book on the VP if I can find it used. I can probably figure it out with enough time and the modis and the vp are pretty similar.

Thanks for any sugestions
        Hi. I sent you a private message

Comment

• AMX77
          • Aug 2009

I Have The Solus Pro/Vantage Pro Set-Up and I prefer having two seperate pieces of equipment. The Modis doesnt have the capability of using the scope while youre using the scanner function. For example commanding a fuel pump on while using the scope to look at the waveform. Plus when one inevitably has to go in for service i still have the othe half.... You also dont have to update the Vantage Pro as often as the scanner in order to keep up to date... Saving yourself what? 400.00 USD everytime you update the scanner.. Just My two cents.. thanks

Comment

Working...